Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Acorn Day Nursery
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about supporting children to learn. Our staff are all highly qualified, passionate, and have many years of experience in childcare and development between them. We continue to increase our knowledge regularly always interested ourselves in finding new methods and ways of learning.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
There will be a requirement to attend training 1 day a week on a rolling two-week timetable in Taunton or Dillington House in Ilminster.
You will be required to:
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Assist with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Play a part in their education, health and wellbeing and be able to build and maintain close working relationships with parents and colleagues
- Inspire, plan and create learning activities for children under the EYFS curriculum including outdoor activities
- Observe and keep an up to date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers, including learning logs and personal profiles
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to support and encourage children within the Nursery environment is essential.
- Empathy and understanding of children under five.
- The desire and capability to be an outstanding nursery assistant
- An understanding of child development
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children, staff and parents.
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
- Excellent organisational skills
- To have a patient and caring nature
- To be approachable, friendly and be able to communicate well and in a respectful manner to work as part of a team.
- To have a keen willingness to learn,
- Reliable and flexible
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for children’s learning and development
To have 5 GCSE’s A-C or 9-4 to include Maths and English or suitable alternatives
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Early Years Foundation Degree and may lead to employment.
Things to consider
- Apprenticeship offers are subject to two references
- Transport to and from Employer and Training venues
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check performed by the employer.
About the employer
The owner as had the opportunity to design the facilities from the ground up, every aspect of our accommodation has been thought through to ensure we are able to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment for every child in our care.
Our premises are tucked away in a quiet corner of Somerton Business Park, which offers excellent access and plenty of parking. From the moment you step through our secure entrance into the nursery you will be transported to a fun-filled, colourful and warm environment tailored to all children’s needs. We also have an outside play area and garden which gives us secure access to a lane from which we take regular outings.
Acorn Day Nursery
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Centre For Integrated Learning
SCIL +443001231967 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Years to include...
- Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Educator.
- Functional Skills English and Maths if required.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.