Ford Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprentice (Part Qualified) Northgate Van Hire
An exciting opportunity for a Part Qualified Apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
02 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity for the apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever-changing technological developments within the car industry.
Day to day tasks will always vary, but will normally include:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting senior technicians
Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
- Applicants must already be partly qualified
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Full training will all be provided
- A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) would be preferable
A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless.
By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company.
About the employer
We’ve been on quite a journey since we opened our first branch in 1981. For over 35 years, our flexible rental has given Light Commercial Vehicle operators more choice, value and convenience.
With 60 branches nationwide and a huge fleet including Ford, Mercedes Benz, VW, Vauxhall and Peugeot, we're here to keep your business on the road.
As the UK's largest LCV hire company, we can offer full service and maintenance through in-branch workshops, while our AA partnership provides breakdown support and recovery. Whatever you need - we’ve got it.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Kelly Bell 01923 216165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship standard.
Not only will apprentices be working and be trained within the garage, they will attend a Ford approved college four times a year for two week periods to work towards achieving their Ford Masters Technical Certificate at VRQ Level 3.
An advisor will visit at least every 6-8 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised apprenticeship standard qualification
- VRQ Level 3
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
- Ford Masters Level 1 technician modules
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.