Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Kid Co Ltd
To work as part of the team, under the direction of Seniors, Deputies & Managers. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Jun 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff
- To help set up the playrooms, & outside areas for the daily programme, and to help tidy away where necessary at the end of day
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate
- To act as a co- key person to a small group of children, to ensure that all children’s needs are recognised & met. To make observations & assessments on co-key children, then plan suitable experiences to help them achieve & develop
- Work in partnership with parents & carers & other family members
- To advise Managers of any concerns e.g over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To teach children offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences
- To support mealtimes within the setting
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervision reviews & appraisals
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families, or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job
- Be aware of and adhere to all of the settings operational policies and procedures
- To assist in the keeping of development records and observations, and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of the correct procedures
- To work as part of that team and contribute positively to the staff team
- To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your Senior Practitioner, Deputy or Managers
Requirements and prospects
- Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to 5 years.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning & development
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to working effectively with young children & families
- To demonstrate that you can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
- Willingness to learn, listen to & follow instructions. To take pride in the job, be able to work quickly and complete the job to a high standard
- To undertake relevant training towards a Ofsted approved childcare qualification
- Friendly & approachable approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships
- The ability to accept constructive feedback & work towards self & team development.
- GCSE English and math - minimum grade 4 / C (or equivalent)
Possibilities of being able to move up the career ladder, learn forest school and specialise in areas of interest.
About the employer
KidCo Day Nursery started back in 1995 by Ann Elliott. Ann worked as a nurse for NHS England for many years but was constantly frustrated by the lack of good quality childcare for her own children!
She began childminding 4 children on her days off, she soon needed to employ some staff to meet the demand of constant recommendations and Kid Co was born!
Over the years we have grown and grown. To this day recommendations remain our main source of new custom, something which we are enormously proud of.
Ann’s ethos of a fun family environment where children can learn, grow and achieve to their full potential, will continue to be upheld by her team.
Next Step Apprenticeships
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Next Step Apprenticeships
Frankie Denahy 01273 063769 email@example.com
This Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard is for anyone interested in building a career in the children and young people’s workforce. Training will include:
- Early years practitioner qualification
- Equality and Diversity
- Functional Skills
Apprentices without English or maths at Level 1 must achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)