Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Base Hair Studio
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Wigston. Base Hair Studio is looking for an Apprentice Hairdresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Greeting clients
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been given the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Making drinks
Requirements and prospects
- Confident, with good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good timekeeping
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- Mathematics qualification (GCSE or equivalent) would be an advantage, but not essential as training will be given
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
On successful completion of the Hair Professional standard, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing and good training programme.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a Hair Professional Apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity with little time to rest.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position, as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
We are a hair salon based in Wigston/Leicester, with friendly stylists, reasonable prices, and a range of fantastic products.
Base Hair Studio
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills in maths and English, if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.