ATA Apprentice Health and Safety Assistant Derby DE1 (LS) BMF APPRENTICESHIPS PLUS LTD
A Health & Safety Assistant is required for a leading Builder's Merchant To assist The Health and Safety Manager to implement the company’s Health and Safety policy regarding staff and external contractors in order to keep our staff and customers safe
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Jun 2022
03 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Browns has been in Derby in some shape or form for over a 100 years. Our Nottingham road depot is on the original site of the old Browns Foundry. In it’s current form, Browns Builders Merchants has been supplying building materials to the Trade and public since 1990.
We are a family run, independent company and our values reflect this. Some of our staff members have worked at the company since it formed in 1990. In our sales team alone, you’ll find a century of experience in the industry. The majority of those years of experience gained at Browns.
We sell to both the trade and the public and can help you with any project big or small. Building an extension? Talk to our Building sales team about doing take offs from drawings. Changing a radiator in your home? Talk to our plumbing department. New patio? Our landscape display at Nottingham Road is the best and biggest in Derby with A LOT of different products to see.
Based at our Nottingham Road branch.
To assist The Health and Safety Manager to implement the company’s Health and Safety policy regarding staff and external contractors in order to keep our staff and customers safe.
Office based, assisting with the following:
- Checking of daily operations over all branches to ensure that our health and safety policies are being adhered to
- Working with our health and Safety advisors via online system to ensure that all internal and statutory inspections are completed within date specifications
- Ensuring that staff training is complete and up to date. Ensuring that all staff have the necessary training, PPE and equipment
- Ensure that any external contractors are competent and have the relevant qualifications and H&S information and updating records
Requirements and prospects
- Good maths and English skills
- Good communicator
- Teamwork skills
- Wants to progress and develop in the business
- Hardworking team player who is self-motivated
- Should be well presented and operate in a clean and tidy manner
- Smart appearance
- Confident with people
- Can follow procedures
- Willing to learn
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Excellent opportunity for the right person upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
BMF Apprenticeships Plus is an Apprenticeship Training Agency that will employ the Apprentice on behalf of this Supplier/ Merchant Branch. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation.
BMF APPRENTICESHIPS PLUS LTD
Additional location information
BMF Apprenticeships Plus Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BMF Apprenticeships Plus Limited
Louise sugars 07721239906 email@example.com
Completing a Safety, Health and Environment Technical apprenticeship at level 3:
- Competence/knowledge qualification at Level 3 (as above)
- Functional skills if needed
- End point assessment
The vocational and academic training aspects are separated and delivered by separate teams.
Vocational training and assessment are conducted, more often than not, onsite according to the employer's wishes. Notice of dates is agreed well in advance of a site visit.
Training and assessment are conducted both on and off the job, according to the needs of the course and the learner. Every effort is made to ensure the best result is achieved by the learner.
Safety, health and environment technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.