IT Service Delivery Engineer Apprentice CELL THERAPY CATAPULT LIMITED
Responding to technical support calls from end users of computers and software applications. setting up and installing new computers, networks and software. setting up user accounts and profiles on the network. installing updates, known as patches, to software applications.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2022
£13,644.00 - £18,532.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Jun 2022
03 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As a member of the IT team the candidate will learn from colleagues to build and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops audio/visual equipment and peripherals:
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of IT equipment provided to staff and ensure cleanliness of equipment before providing it to users
- Assist with the expansion of the company’s network infrastructure including switches, cabling, and wireless network equipment
- Routine administration
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with company policies
- Maintain up to date workstations
- Administration and development of Internet, Intranet, Office 365, learning platforms and E- mail systems
- Assist with picking up and updating tickets that come in from users within the helpdesk ticketing system
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of IT at all levels
- To support users with the use of IT including online support, and assisting with inset training where appropriate
- To support users with the set-up and preparation of IT equipment around site
- Report any detected breach of the company’s acceptable use policy to the IT Manager
- To be aware of the company’s health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables
- In-Meeting support where appropriate
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service
- Be well spoken
- Be able to liaise with colleagues & customers confidently
- Ability to take control of a situation
- Computer/I.T literate
- Full UK driving licence holder (due to the nature of the role)
- Communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Team player, willing to support other team members as necessary
5 GCSE Grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent including maths and English.
Permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
As a member of the IT Team, you will be enrolled onto the IT Solutions Level 3 Apprenticeship shortly after your start date. The apprenticeship takes approximately 18 months to complete and during this time you’ll achieve the skills, knowledge and behaviours necessary to work effectively in an IT based role.
This is a Level 3 IT Apprenticeship role, and significant training and development will be available over an 18 month period. Whilst you will be fully supported to undertake and complete your studies, this programme does require personal commitment to study in your own time, in addition to the time provided by the Company.
As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to start off a fantastic career working for one of the most highly regarded and friendliest agencies in the country.
We support our Apprentices to achieve as much as they’re capable of. All current members of the IT team started with us as Apprentices, some have achieved level 3, some level 4. Two members have achieved BSCs and the IT Manager is now working towards a Masters Degree.
About the employer
The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult is one of a network of elite technology and innovation centres established by Innovate UK as a long-term investment in the UK’s economic capability. Applying business-led research, Catapults help businesses transform great ideas into valuable products and services to compete in the global markets of tomorrow.
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Amrit Chahal 07976188072 email@example.com
IT Solutions Technician Level 3.
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.