Maintenance Engineer Apprentice National Tube Stockholders Ltd
National Tube Stockholders have a fantastic opening for a Level 3 Engineering apprenticeship, with training and learning taking place in both practical and workshop environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is goal driven and has aspirations to be a specialist at Electrical Maintenance Engineering.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
03 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Your training will be tailored to our industry and site needs while receiving on-the-job mentoring from our Maintenance Manager. Off site training with 3rd party providers will also be provided throughout the 4 year apprenticeship to cover topics in more detail. You may be invited to broaden your understanding of the industry by travelling to our other sites for fact collecting visits.
From routine preventative maintenance, servicing and parts replacement to fault finding across a diverse range of equipment, this position is not for someone who is averse to working at height. You will be trained in maintaining the safety, reliability, quality & performance of site equipment including, but not limited to, automated band saws, robotic circular saws and overhead gantry cranes.
Tasks cover a wide range of disciplines including:-
- Electrical fault finding
- Electrical installation
- PLC fault finding and programming
- Mechanical fault finding and repairs
- Machine moving and installation
- Welding and fabricating
- Hydraulic fault finding and repairs
Requirements and prospects
Good manual dexterity with a flair for practical engineering. An aptitude for mathematics, rational thinking and computer skills are essential along with the following:
- Communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Literacy skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Manual work skills
- Excellent time keeping and attendance will be key strengths of the successful candidate
- To be keen and enthusiastic, self-motivated and confident, a good communicator and a team player are all essential
- You must have personal motivation, be willing to learn and committed to this career path
5 or more GCSE's at grade C/4 or above or 3 A Level's predicted at grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications, to include:
- English Language
- Science and Technology Subject
A demonstration of consistent commitment, thoroughness and ability may provide a pathway for further training & qualifications (HNC & B.Eng).
Possible future permanent employment roles can progress through to a wider range of operational positions.
Things to consider
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
To apply for this vacancy you will need to complete a DTA online application form:
You will also need to attach your CV to the form. Once completed we will send you a log in to access a Maths & English assessment that can be done from home. Once we get the results we will arrange a remote interview with a member of our Business Support team. It's only then will you be shortlisted for the vacancy.
About the employer
NTS is the market leader in the supply of Hot Finished structural hollow sections in the UK. They have almost 30 years of experience in stockholding, logistics, in-house processing and sector specific requirements.
NTS is part of the family owned and managed Bianco Group and together use their creative industry knowledge to source the highest quality materials at competitive rates and pass these onto their customers.
Derwent Training Association
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwent Training Association
Nichola Zanda 01653 697698 firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be registered on the Engineering Technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard
- You will attend Derwent Training one day a week and work with the employer for the other four days
- In Year 1 you will study for a Level 2 Foundation Competence, Year 2 & 3 Development Knowledge, Year 4 Development Competence qualifications
- This will be assessed at the end by an Independent End Point Assessment Organisation
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.