Administrative Assistant Apprentice CHANNELS AND CHOICES LIMITED
To provide administrative, reception and general office support to the organisation. To be an effective and efficient team member contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the organisation overall. The post holder is primarily based of reception, but forms part of a wider administrative team supporting the organisation as a whole.
Closing date: 25 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Jun 2022
03 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- To work alongside in support of and in partnership with team members and other professionals (Social Workers, Police and Health) to help looked after children reach targets and expectations as outlined in their care plans and other plans for permanence
- Running the reception area, being the first point of contact over the telephone and face to face
- Ensuring that visitors are made welcome and comfortable
- All visitors who are entering the main building are signed in, checked and given visitor passes
- Taking, fielding and directing phone calls to the relevant staff members or taking messages as and when appropriate
- Word processing; letter writing; data entry; filing; faxing; producing labels
- Supporting the administrative of the Human Resources, Training, Fostering and Therapy teams are required
- Supporting with booking and co-ordinating meetings, including booking rooms and venues together with associated tasks including lunches and refreshments as appropriate
- Purchasing and maintaining office supplies
- Creating and maintaining effective filing systems and ensuring records are up to date and stored in accordance with relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection, Act/GDPR
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
- Photocopying, Scanning and Printing various documents
- Providing support to other administrative colleagues during busy times as directed
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Such other duties that may be deemed appropriate
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and e-mail
- High Degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Office experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Polite and friendly, with a 'can-do' attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work on own initiative
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A-C/7-4 in English and maths
- Possible permenant possition upon completion of this apprenticeship
About the employer
We are a centre of excellence in providing specialist therapeutic care to vulnerable and traumatised children.
Local Authorities across the UK refer children to our unique, award winning ‘Stepping Stones’ program. This program starts with a period of short term residential care which then evolves through to a foster placement whilst keeping the consistency of our school and therapy services for each child. Our goal is to have each child living successfully within a family as soon as possible.
We also accept standard fostering, residential and day pupil referrals.
EAST KENT COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Kent College
Karen Wheeler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.