Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship - Little Hedgehogs Pre-School Sheldwich Primary School
To provide support within our Pre-School; part of our primary school situated in a wonderful setting in Sheldwich. You will be learning & working with a fun but hard working & motivated team. The role includes playing & helping the children to learn within daily routines that are clearly defined for the fun, energetic and well-behaved children
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
£162.34 - £185.63
Total hours per week: 33.75
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Provide play/learning activities for children under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified mentor
- Supervise individuals and small groups of children throughout the day, including supervision in the classroom, playground and dining areas
- Prepare and clear up learning environment and resources, including photocopying, filing and contribute to maintaining a safe environment
- Record basic pupil data
- Support children’s learning through play
- Assist with children’s personal needs including toileting, hygiene, dressing and eating, as well as help with social, welfare and health matters; reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate. Physically assist pupils in activities (may involve lifting, where mobility is an issue)
- Undertake day to day pre-school duties to ensure high standards of care and education are maintained
- Adhere to the school and nursery policies and procedures
Once competent, fully trained and confident:
- Be a key worker at the pre-school and establish informal relationships with parents and carers of the children to ensure they are engaged in the child’s education and development
Requirements and prospects
- Organised and flexible
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Mature and positive approach to work
- Ability to manage confidential data
- Caring and kind
- Willing to learn
5 GCSEs at A* to C or 9 to 4 (including English, maths and ICT) or equivalents.
Employment within the organisation.
Things to consider
Sheldwich Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DB.
Holiday leave will not be granted during term-time. This apprenticeship is over a 15-month period (March 2022 – June 2023).
Applicants must show commitment to their role and have an excellent attendance record.
£4.50p/h rising to £5.00p/h subject to 3 months successful probation. The second year of the apprenticeship will be paid at £5.50p/h or minimum wage if applicable (age dependent).
About the employer
Come and join our amazing team!
We offer lots of opportunities to develop and enhance your skills through training and working within our extremely dedicated team of staff and governors who contribute with enthusiasm and commitment to the life of our school. Our pupils are happy, confident and motivated learners displaying the highest standards of behaviour at all times.
Sheldwich Primary School and Little Hedgehogs Pre-School is an Outstanding(Ofsted July 2018), popular, over subscribed Academy School set in the picturesque village of Sheldwich with 264 pupils. We have well resourced classrooms and excellent facilities which the children benefit from including a dedicated library building, computer suite and external classroom. Our beautiful grounds and extensive outside learning space have enabled us to develop our Forest School.
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profile Development and Training
Ian Pearce 07554435343 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- TQUK Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths if required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.