Skillnet Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship BABCOCK INTERNATIONAL GROUP PLC
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
01 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity for the apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry.
Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting senior technicians
Car Technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians job falls into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A keen interest in heavy vehicles
- The employer is looking for an apprentice that is very hard working and motivated to learn new skills
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English are required)
A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have.
About the employer
- Second largest supplier in the UK
- Providing support to all three British Armed Services
- Established presence in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and France
- Support submarine programmes in South Korea and Spain
- Core member of the UK Defence Growth Partnership
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Jamie rogan 01923 216165 email@example.com
Not only will apprentices be working and be trained within the garage, they will attend a Skillnet approved college once a week to work towards achieving their Skillnet Motors Technical Certificate at VRQ Level 3. An advisor will visit at least every 6-8 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised standard qualification.
- Functional Skills (ICT, English and maths)
- VCQ Level 3
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
- Service and Maintenance Silver Level
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)