Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice Little Tinkers Day Nursery
Little Tinkers Day Nursery are looking for an Apprentice to work alongside our experienced team gaining experience and knowledge in the field of child education. You will work towards a Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
02 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years
- To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff, and others
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child's development
Duties will include:
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing, and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents’ evenings summer fair, Christmas party, etc.
- To input and contribute to ideas regarding implementation of policies and procedures such as Early Years Foundation Stage
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in Nursery
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee's supervisor from time to time
- The trainee's duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery's Equal Opportunities policy
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can you help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures
- To be aware of sections 7 & 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the nursery
- To be flexible in hours and duties in order to meet the needs and requirements of the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Fun, happy, smiley
- Caring and compassionate
- Forward thinking
- Good with children
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Progression to the next level Apprenticeship/Working as a qualified practitioner.
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our skills and experience together provide a friendly, reliable, and quality service to all our parents/carers and a fun, safe, secure, caring, and educational experience for all our children.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2/3 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.