Apprenticeship in Lean Manufacturing Food & Drink Process Operator Level 2 Kepak Kirkham Limited
Kepak are delighted to sponsor the Lancashire Apprenticeship Awards given the vital role apprenticeships play in opening up opportunities for people in our local community to gain practical on the job experience with a recognised qualification.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
03 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Within the Food Industry we are able to provide a variety of role options and career paths where each person is given the opportunity to achieve their full potential - the possibilities are endless and by offering a range of good quality apprenticeship programs, with carefully selected training providers we can provide talented people with the ambition to grow a rewarding career in a great industry to work and grow.
We are offering a range of apprenticeship programs in including Lean Manufacturing and Food & Drink Process Operator with further opportunity to progress into other roles and career frameworks such a quality management and supervisor roles!
- You'll gain experience working in a A++ BRC rated lean manufacturing environment, with all course content delivered on site in addition to getting further exposure to our operations departments for a practical learning experience!
- On completion you'll receive a qualification equivalent of 5 good GCSE's - that’s either A*-C or 9-4. Plus, further job specific training!
- A competitive salary of £7.50 an hour - £2.20 above the minimum apprenticeship wage!
- Equivalent of £14,000+ per year with opportunity to rise to £20,000+ in Year 2
All applicants must be 16 and over. We respect and value difference and we look to create an inclusive workplace for everyone.
Attitude is more important than grades to us, however if you have GCSE or Function Skills in Maths and English that is a bonus!
Making sure our site is right for you is so important to us, so to be a successful part of our team you need to:
- Treat everyone with respect
- Challenge yourself to be the best you can be
- Support your team in achieving goals and targets
- Have a passion for food!
We are enthusiastic about bringing new talent into one of the most exciting and stable industries to work in so we can train, develop, and support you to achieve your full potential.
As a Food & Drink Process Operator, we will train and support you to develop the skills and knowledge to work within our operations team: -
- As part of our High Care Production Team, your role initially will be working on a high-speed production line to assemble one of the UKs Top 100 Grocery Brands – this will be an excellent way to learn how Rustlers is being made. This knowledge will assist you a lot in advancing your career further 😊
We will also help you:
- Learn each role that is critical to producing a consistent, safe, high quality, chilled food product
- Learn how to monitor line efficiencies, performance and product safety, and what contributes to effective operations
- How to understand, operate and monitor machine operations
- How to utilise systems, spreadsheets and keep excellent records
- How to monitor food safety and quality systems that are in place
- How to communicate well with others and be part of a winning team
You will get a great opportunity to:
- Work with automated machines
- And get exposure to key roles across a food business ensuring you are able to carve out your career path following successful completion of your level 2/3 apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
You do not need to have any prior skills - we will train you and provide you with all necessary skills, relevant knowledge, and experience.
We are looking for people who are ambitious, responsible, good team-players with a passion for food to join our effective, high performing team.
None, English and maths GCSE’s (at Grade 4/C or equivalent) is an advantage but not essential for our roles.
Future training possibilities in Lean Manufacturing Level 3, Engineering, Quality Management, Planning/Supply Chain and Management.
Things to consider
Multi-cultural working environment, fast-paced, once apprenticeship is complete you will join our rotating shift patterns (6-2/2-10) night shifts also available longer term.
End-year & Loyalty Bonus (if applicable).
Wage Review upon completion of EPA taking apprentices into our existing Grading Structure: In Year 2 you should move to Garde D, that is £11.20 - operator’s grade (annual salary £21,112).
Our other benefits include Bupa Cash Plan, Corporate Gym Membership, Cycle to Work, Subsidised canteen, free tea & coffee, free WI-FI, Long-service awards, Additional holidays for long-serving employees and importantly the opportunity to learn and develop.
About the employer
Established in 1966, Kepak is a successful, sustainable family-owned food business and a great place to work. We employ over 5000 employees working across our 12 sites - 8 in Ireland and 4 in the UK, and we produce a range of food products for retailers, restaurants hospitality and quick serve restaurants.
Among our brands is Rustlers, which is one of the UK’s top 100 Retail brands. Since 1999 Rustlers have brought you genuine flame grilled burgers, made with 100% British and Irish beef. It is solely produced at our Kirkham site. The sales of Rustlers are growing every year, and we have a team of more than 500 people in Kirkham that contribute towards making our brand a success.
We have recently launched our new apprenticeship program to allow people who are new to the food industry to join in an entry level position and grow with us. We are passionate about ensuring that our brands and our people achieve their full potential and would love you to join us on the road to success.
VALKYRIE SUPPORT SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Valkyrie Support Services Ltd
Louise Hodgson firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Food and Drink Process Operator Standard.
You will be mentored on site, by your supervisor who will train you in all aspects of the role. You will also be visited once a fortnight by a Valkyrie tutor, who will deliver training workshops, in order for you to complete the Food and Drink Process Operator Apprenticeship and maths and English Functional Skills where required.
Food and drink process operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.