Early Years Apprentice Leaping Frogs Day Nursery C I C
Excellent opportunity to join our Outstanding nursery, as rated by Ofsted. Set in 1.2 acres between Zeals and Mere we seek a new team member to compliment our staff who provide engaging, stimulating, fun and educational activities to all our children. You will particularly enjoy outside play in our vast plays areas incorporating many animals.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Jun 2022
02 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Leaping Frogs offers quality child care from 3 months to 5yrs. In addition to this we offer wrap around care with Breakfast Club, After school Club and Holiday Clubs for Primary aged children. We have close links with local schools and work under the EYFS (Early Years Statutory Framework) designed to ensure that all children get the best possible start in life.
Working with our qualified staff, and supported by an Assessor from Yeovil College who will visit you in the Setting, you will benefit from a very enriched experience to develop your childcare career.
Our setting focuses greatly on outdoor activities. We have nature and vegetable gardens, along with a pets corner, with miniature Shetland ponies, piglets, goats, lambs, ducks, chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs. Our children enjoy holding, grooming and feeding the animals and you will be confident to supervise and join in. We have weekly visits from outside professionals from Pyjama Drama, a Pre School Ballet Teacher and a Tiny Tennis instructor.
Duties will include:
- Contribute to planning, preparation and completion of fun, exciting and stimulating activities to enhance a child’s individual learning experience
- Monitor children’s learning files to record achievements for parents and carers
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Help children develop good social skills establishing good standards of behaviour and manners, learning to share and to communicate effectively
- Help children establish a love of learning and an enquiring mind
- Support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team
- Actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring Setting policies and procedures are observed
- Follow planning and deliver activities to meet the required outcomes, however, show flexibility to adapt an activity as required to keep children engaged
- Be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold its high standards by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the ethos and philosophy behind the Setting is fulfilled
- Liaise with and support parents and carers and other family members
- Work alongside parents and carers of children with a specific or special need to facilitate their inclusion into the Setting
- Ensure the Setting is of a high quality to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work well in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative and imaginative
- Able to use own initiative
- Confident with animals
- Able to contribute with ideas to plan activities
- Outgoing and approachable
- Caring and friendly
- Enjoy outside activities
- Fun and Encouraging nature
GCSE (or equivalent) English language and mathematics, minimum grades 4/C preferably.
On completion of this Apprenticeship the right candidate will be considered to remain in a permanent role within the setting and develop their level of responsibility.
About the employer
Leaping Frogs is located between the Wiltshire towns of Zeals and Mere. We enjoy our own bright, welcoming premises set in 1.2 acres where children can explore and learn in an inspiring and safe environment. Our caring and passionate staff create a 'home from home' environment where young children can learn through play to become confident, creative and sociable. At Leaping Frogs the children's individual needs and interests are always at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to helping ALL children fulfil their full potential. Leaping Frogs Day Nursery is rated as Outstanding by Ofsted and has been awarded the prestigious Bristol Standards Quality Assurance Award. Ensuring high standards of practise have been achieved and maintained.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Emma King email@example.com
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Paediatric first aid
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.