Apprentice Business Administration Assistant Emergent Crown
Apprentice Business Administration Assistant based in our Showroom Sales office, assisting Purchasing and Sales departments with general admin duties.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
03 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The role is an Apprentice position working in our Hipperholme Sales Office,
The role will cover all aspects of Sales Administration, including but not limited to:
- Order Preparation
- Completes tasks to a high standard, accurately and in a timely manner:
- Printing and date stamping of all incoming orders into the Company.
- Preparing each order for inputting, by identifying required account number locations.
- For this, the successful candidate must have good attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Once fully trained the role will be required to take incoming external phone calls into the business, transferring to relevant person or department or taking concise messages and passing on as required
- Drafts correspondence, replies and reports on progress of orders and workload.
- For this, the successful candidate must demonstrate good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms
- Ability to review others' work. Maintains records and files, handles confidential information in compliance with the organisation's procedures.
- Checking orders—to ensure the accuracy of the information inputted on the system and that this matches our information and the customer’s request
- Filing of orders—once checked, these orders are then archived within our record retention system
- For this, the successful candidate must have good attention to detail and a systematic approach to how they approach tasks.
- Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to our organisation
- Running weekly reports and inputting data into existing spreadsheets & reports
- Responding to and sending emails both internal & External
- General IT related data entry, reporting & interrogation task
- Transfer of information, paperwork and stationery between showroom & Distribution Centre
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Punctual & confident
- Well presented
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation
- Takes responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, manages priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadlines.
- Understands laws and regulations that apply to their role including data protection, health & safety, compliance etc
- Takes responsibility for their own work, accepts feedback in a positive way, uses initiative and shows resilience.
- GSCE A-C in maths & English or equivalent - Desirable
Potential for permanent work for the right candidate, with promotion into Sales or Purchasing teams.
About the employer
Contract Office Furniture Supplier
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Briony Jackson-Owens Briony.Jackson-Owens@calderdale.ac.uk
The successful candidate will work towards a level 3 qualification in business administration.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.