Apprentice Nursery Practitioner SEESAWS DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Urgent vacancy! Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required for the successful Seesaws Day Nursery! This vacancy will be based at their Erdington branch (Birmingham B23). Gain essential childcare skills and experience in a rewarding role, as part of an apprenticeship in Early Years Practitioner standard Level 2.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
02 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working in a busy and environment in a rewarding role to support children's development, the duties will include:
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age related activity
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month. Stains occurring from spillage should be cleaning immediately with an appropriate carpet cleaner
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are complied with
- Any other related duties to support the nursery requirements
The above duties cover a Level 2 qualification, however, candidates that are eligible for a Level 3 will be required to work at a supervisory level and take on responsibilities associated with being a Team Leader.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills (will be dealing with parents)
- Work well in a team and on own initiative
- Work well under pressure in a busy and challenging environment
- Passion to work with children
- Caring nature
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed during telephone screening)
- Age 19+: Level 2 requires maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) grade 2/E minimum (or Functional Skills Level 1 minimum). Level 3 requires maths & English at GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4/C minimum (or Functional Skills Level 2 minimum) and you must already have a childcare-related qualification at Level 2 and experience of working in a Nursery/childcare setting
Opportunity to progress onto employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider, Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
About the employer
We were founded over 26-years-ago by the Ackers family; this means family and community have always been at the heart of Seesaws. We believe in making sure all those that are part of the Seesaws family feel valued and nurtured to enable them to truly flourish. We place children at the centre of everything we do. Happiness is the way to learn!
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Recruitment Team 0121 333 3001 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor Visits/Reviews
- Witness Testimonies/Observations
- Workshops/Technical Certificate
- Certificate for the Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.