Care Assistant Apprentice Belvedere Lodge
Supporting and assisting residents with daily living tasks, providing personal care to residents.
Closing date: 13 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
02 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting with washing and dressing
- Bathing/showering residents
- Assisting at meal times as required
- Electronical documentation of care given
- Providing meaningful activities
- Preparing for resident’s visitors
- Making beds and doing laundry
- Going for short walks with residents
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills requiredAny qualifications in health and social care or working towards a care qualification.
Calm, patient, kind, caring, good time keeping, flexible
Training given once employed along with apprenticeship
Following apprenticeship, full time hours will be available in employment, further progression in care.
Things to consider
Uniform – black trousers, flat shoes/black trainers
T Shirt – Uniforms can be purchased from the Ablecare website
About the employer
Small family run residential / dementia home for older people.
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Bristol College
Apprenticeship Team 0117 3125250 email@example.com
You’ll be completing a Level 2 Adult Care apprenticeship standard which will provide you with a highly transferable set of knowledge and skills, which you gain by working for us.
These are some of the core areas you’ll get to learn:
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Duty of care in health and social care
- Health and safety and well-being in care settings
- Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Implement Person centred approaches in care settings
- Communication in care settings
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Handling information in care settings
In addition to your workplace mentor, you will also be allocated an assessor by City of Bristol college, who will complete regular reviews with you. These reviews are simply to make sure you are on track and happy.
This apprenticeship also requires you to complete an end point assessment which will see you demonstrate what you have learned as an apprentice and how it can be applied in any other organisation. This will be another chance for you to shine.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.