General Manual Machinist Apprentice SMITHS AEROSPACE LIMITED
Apprentice wanted for tool making, grinding, boring and turning. Manufacturing tools and fixtures.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2022
04 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
A general machinist who is enthusiastic and self-motivated with a high attention to detail. Happy to work as team player. Good communication and able to adapt to changing situations due to customer requirements.
Initially taking instruction from the supervisor and working toward independent working and as part of the team. Some of the duties will include:
- Grinding / Boring / Turning
- Manufacturing Tools
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good communication
- Able to work supervised and independently
- Team player
- GCSE, or equivalents, in maths and English grade 4/C or above
Progression is possible and training in other departments. Permanent persons on completing the apprenticeship successfully.
Things to consider
Overtime can be available if business needs require.
- Please note, that due to COVID19 and social distancing measures, some initial interviews may be conducted by telephone or other remote means. Employers are required to take appropriate Health and Safety measures when employing a new apprentice. Each employer will advise applicants of which appropriate measures to follow.
About the employer
Repair and overhaul a variety of undercarriages and components, with customers throughout the world.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harlow College
Kellie Tighe 07739467348 email@example.com
Harlow College offers 2 different routes through the Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard. This could be either machinist or mechatronics, depending on the job role you decide to specialise in.
The qualifications you will achieve will be:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge) - Machining Route Only
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining / Mechatronics
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Machining / Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Plus functional skills at Level 2 maths and Level 2 English if you do not hold a C/4 or above grade in GCSE or equivalent.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.