Apprentice Nursery Assistant Treetops Day Nursery
Following daily routine, nappy changing, food handling/serving, stimulating activities, cleaning/set up of room, paperwork such as accident, incident, observation form, positive role model for children.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
01 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- The role of a Childcare Apprentice is a special opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours in the workplace while gaining a nationally recognised qualification
- While working with us you will be expected to undertake a variety of duties subject to appropriate training and consistently adhere to the policies, procedures, and code of conduct set out by the setting
- On a daily basis you will be expected to engage with the children through play and activities to ensure that the children are fully engaged throughout the day
- You will need to be flexible in the role and carry out all tasks and duties as requested while supporting the other staff within the setting, this can include domestic tasks such as preparing snacks and cleaning equipment
- You will be expected to maintain an excellent level of professionalism at all times and provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the children
- You will need to be committed to your professional learning and development while completing your studies and apply the theoretical knowledge that you learn with your training provider to your practice in the setting
- As an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner you will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for the children attending our setting
- Our ideal candidate will be outgoing, positive, and enthusiastic with a passion for child development
- You will be able to use your initiative when engaging with the children to ensure their needs and requirements are met and they feel comfortable throughout the day
- You will interact with parents/carers of the children daily therefore you will need to be confident and have excellent communication skills
- You will support staff within the setting and contribute to effective teamwork while providing an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- While working in the nursery you will be expected to support the children’s learning and development through play and monitor the children’s progress to ensure they reach their development targets
- You will promote positive relationships in the early years setting and assist with activities that keep children engaged throughout the day to enhance the children’s independence
- While working in the setting you will be expected to complete a Level 2 in Early Years and maintain excellent progress with your studies which will provide you with the underpinning knowledge required to carry out the role to a high standard
Requirements and prospects
- To demonstrate that you can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English
- Relevant skills for working with groups of children aged 0-5 years
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- To be dedicated to start a level 2 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent
- To hold or be able to achieve English and mathematics GCSEs or equivalent at level 4/C or above
- Please note, if you already hold a level 2 in Child Care, you may be considered for a level 3; please still apply
Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
About the employer
Treetops Day Nursery is housed in a beautiful Victorian property set within picturesque gardens providing ample play space, including all weather grass and soft play areas outside. In addition to this we also offer a large indoor play facility.
The stimulating environment is not just provided internally; our outdoor areas present age-appropriate equipment such as trampolines, climbing frames and slides to develop gross motor skills while the children run around happily, rain or shine, on our all-weather surfaces.
Each child is assigned a keyworker to ensure a personal service is delivered to both child and parent. Care sheets, detailing the child's day, are sent home on a daily basis and observations and development records are freely shared.
We are aware that diet is a concern for many parents and so we provide a menu that boasts an extremely high fresh fruit and vegetable content.
All our branches are open 52 weeks a year and all offer government funded, free entitlement sessions to 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners must be aged 16 or over. We do not set any other entry requirements but employer’s may have their own guidelines at the recruitment stage.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for The Early Years Practitioner:
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce. This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.