Apprentice Pre-School Assistant Hobby Horse Pre-School
An amazing opportunity for someone looking to start their career in childcare. The Pre-School are looking for someone who is proactive, polite and caring to join their team.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
31 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Ensuring the environment is safe and secure
- Assisting the with learning opportunities which are educational, stimulating and fun
- Working in partnership with parents and communicating on a daily basis their welfare, needs and development
- To work within your team, supporting other colleagues within the setting
- Ensuring all company policy and procedures are adhered to
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Dedicated and hardworking individual
- Support and nurture children during their journey at Hobbyhorse Pre-School
- Willing to develop own training and knowledge
- Happy to get stuck in during play and stimulate children's learning and thinking
- Use own initiative and well as working as in team
- Communicate effectively with children and parents
- Good time keeping
- Passionate about working with children
- Using own ideas to develop children’s play
A minimum of Grade 3/D or above/equivalent in maths and English.
Potential for a full-time position once the apprenticeship is complete and progression within the company.
Things to consider
Could be a level 3 Apprenticeship depending on previous experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northampton College
Isobel McColgan 01604 734138 Isobel.McColgan@northamptoncollege.ac.uk
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 (possibility of starting Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship depending on experience)
- Functional Skills (if applicable)
- Weekly attendance at Northampton College (term time)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.