IT Helpdesk Technician Apprenticeship Fleet Factors Ltd
We have an exciting opportunity with Feet Factors. Based in Middlesbrough, Fleet Factors are looking for a hardworking individual who has great attention to detail to further grow their team. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Information communication Technician.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Aug 2022
31 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Fleet Factors are looking for someone to join our helpdesk to take on the role of first line support. Your main duties with be taking support calls, resolving issues raised via a helpdesk system and hardware configuration. There will also be some admin tasks, raising invoicing and booking out equipment, etc.
- Answer first line support calls
- Monitor incoming emails
- Provide customer assistance
- Run diagnostics to resolve customer reported issues
- Troubleshoot systems, network, hardware and software problems
- Work on tickets until completion or escalate where required.
- Create knowledge-based articles of solutions provided.
- Create new user accounts and profiles
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
This is a responsible role in which reliability and professionalism are crucial as is the ability to work with a wide range of people.
There are many day-to-day tasks that you will be asked to complete. We all like to work as a team and help out in any areas we can
- Punctual with good attendance
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Confident and a quick learner
GCSE Grade C/4 in Maths and English or equivalent
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Information Communication Technician is a valuable stepping stone to further study such as higher apprenticeships or to employment within a wide range of possible careers.
Things to consider
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
- Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship.
- For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days.
- Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
- Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 for anyone aged 21-22 and £8.91 for anyone aged 23 and over.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Fleet Factors was founded upon Teesside in November 1975, as a family-run business. Fleet Factors initially had a small product offering and started by making its first sales visit to BP followed by other high-profile companies such as ICI, and British Steel shortly after. Now Fleet Factors has branched out to many locations across the UK with over 300 employees in 25 branches and over 200 Facilities Management sites nationwide and has three divisions, Vehicle components, Refinish and PPE, with a large offering of products such as janitorial & cleaning products, PPE, workwear, safety equipment, welding supplies, AdBlue products alongside their main products, these are delivered to our national customer base through our trusted fleet.
As a family-run business Fleet Factors has always strived to improve ways of supporting its exceptional service to customers. A huge step forward was observed when we were the first company in the industry to begin our Facilities Management Service to blue-chip companies and councils. The Facilities Management Services allows us to assist or run the body shop for the customer, allowing the company to focus on its priorities. With our own in-house IT team created and available to assist any partner businesses.
Our IT Department currently provides support for over 200 users and consists of Systems and Software departments.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Kaitlyn Potton 01642333734 KE.Potton@mbro.ac.uk
Level 3 qualification in Information Communication Technician
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
Day release class
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.