Process Operator Apprentice Heraeus Electro-Nite (UK) Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful manufacturing business based in Chesterfield as a process operator.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
08 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Within the role of Process Operator Apprentice you will be a key member of our operations team, producing measurement sensors for the worldwide Steel Industry, whilst ensuring the highest standard of quality, safety and efficiency are met.
The role requires an excellent attention to detail, including following procedures, product testing and the accurate recording and analysis of data.
You will also have the opportunity to engage in a range of continual improvement projects aimed at improving the long term performance of our manufacturing facility.
- Operating production equipment
- Ensure delivery dates are met
- Accurate recording and analysis of data for quality, efficiency
- Involved in all 5s activities
- Stock checking
- Ensure good relations exist within the area
- Attend Weekly & Monthly improvement team meetings
- Routine cleaning and maintenance of all machinery and equipment
- Improving H&S, Quality, Productivity, Stock Value, 5s and other department targets
- Internal & External training
- Assist with other jobs within the company
Requirements and prospects
- Highly motivated
- Keen problem solver
- Accuracy and efficiency
- Good communicator
- Team player & work independently
- Desire to develop and learn new skills
- Show initiative
GCSE maths and English grade 3/D, equivalent or above.
Progression within the company.
Permanent full-time position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
You will be required to work with all current team members to create and maintain a happy working environment. The ideal candidate will display an enthusiasm for providing a quality level of customer care and interest in learning more about our service.
Where possible, every applicant must attend a Learning Unlimited application and assessment session prior to being shortlisted for this role and being put forward for interview with the employer.
Your application will be acknowledged in the first instance by telephone.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close before the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled or withdrawn by the employer.
About the employer
Heraeus Electro-Nite has been the market leader since the 1950s in the field of measurement technology in molten metals. It provides the steel, iron, aluminum, and copper producers with integrated measurement systems consisting of a sensor, instrumentation, and associated hardware.
These systems provide a wide range of measurements including those for temperature, oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon. As well as single spot measurements, continuous measurement systems are also available for the continuous casting machine.
Our customers rely on and trust the high-quality, innovative products and services we provide. Our on-going research and development ensures that we remain at the forefront of measurement technology, allowing our customers to operate to the highest levels of quality and efficiency.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332296995 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths (where required)
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24-hour access to course learning materials
- On the job training with a designated mentor
- Reviews every 6 - 8 weeks with your work-based tutor and line manager/mentor
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.