Apprentice Nursery Practitioner CHILD 1ST (COLESHILL) LTD
Urgent vacancy. Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required for Child 1st Day Nursery in Coleshill (B46). Excellent opportunity to develop valuable childcare skills and earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Early Years Practitioner standard Level 2 for 15 months.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
01 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working in a busy environment in a rewarding role, the varied duties will include:
- To promote the highest standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- To assess, in conjunction with the Deputy Manager, the individual needs of each child
- To assess the progress of each child
- To carry out effectively and thoroughly the daily programs drawn up for each age-related children’s groups
- To make sure, under supervision, that the rooms, toys and equipment are kept in a clean and safe condition and any maintenance or breakages are reported
- To report to the childcare assessor on a weekly basis
- Any other related duties to support the nursery requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Passion for childcare
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Age 16-18: maths & English at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed during telephone screening)
- Age 19+: maths & English at GCSE 2/E (or equivalent) minimum
Possible opportunity to progress into employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first, with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy (We have lots of other vacancies too!).
About the employer
Child 1st operates 3 children’s nurseries - two in the West Midlands (Solihull and Coleshill) and one in Derbyshire (Bakewell). Between all three we are registered for 276 places and our aim is to ensure that our nurseries are an exciting and inspirational place for children and adults alike.
Frequent room meetings and staff meetings enable our team to plan activities suitable to the children in their care, paying particular attention to the individual needs of each child. Our excellent hygiene standards throughout the nursery keep babies and children healthy and safe. Individual bedding sheets and blankets are provided by the nursery and rigorous cleaning regimes are maintained.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Recruitment Team 0121 3333001 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 qualification
- Full training provided at the employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness testimonies from employer
- Exams / assessments / workshops
- Technical certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional skills if required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.