Apprentice Early Years Practitioner - Hauxton - CB22 5HW - Ref: ZH Snap 4 Kids Ltd
To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for all children in the setting. Give support to other team members throughout the nursery, as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
£201.00 - £225.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
03 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for a Childcare Apprentice to support the team in operation of the nursery facilities, to ensure a high quality, balanced provision of leading practice education and care is delivered. To assist the staff team to create a safe, caring and welcoming setting in which parents are happy to entrust their child and where their child is encouraged and supported to flourish in an enabling and stimulating environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- To follow the setting safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole". Where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the setting and parent collects the child
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received
Specific childcare tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit each individual child's stage of development and interests
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
- To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside
Requirements and prospects
- Team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- You will be friendly and outgoing
- Approachable and flexible in your approach
- No previous qualifications are required but a willingness to learn and progress is essential
- If you have your level 2 and wish to progress to the Early Years Educator Level 3 please do apply !
- For the successful candidate there is the opportunity to continue with employment and progression
About the employer
Creative childcare in Cambridge & Hauxton
Snap 4 Kids nurseries offer expert child care for tiny tots, tweenies and preschool children.
With an extensive range of services at our nurseries, you can rest assured your children are in the safest of hands.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Zoe Harrop 07764966274 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.