Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 Birtley Medical Group
Birtley Medical Group are looking to take on a Business Admin Apprentice to work within their team and take on day to day duties that will be required on a daily basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
28 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Dealing with patient enquiries over phone and face to face
- Booking appointments on a computerised system
- Post room duties
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required including filing, photocopying, scanning and word/data processing
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties
- Dealing with confidential documents and patient notes
- Dealing with doctor's requests over the phone and in person
- Action tasks sent by clinicians via the clinical systems
- Ensure accurate data recording
- Oversee and supervise the waiting area and ensure any delays to patient appointment times are explained
- Enter patient information onto the computer as required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- High level of motivation
- Reliable and punctual
- Desire to develop
- Honest and trustworthy
Maths, English and ICT, GCSE Grade 4-9 or equivalent.
The Practice has a history of retaining apprentices.
About the employer
Birtley Medical Group is a busy medical practice with a patient population of approximately 16,000 patients. We provide modern health care facilities and focus on continually improving the health of our patients and residents of the community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Alex Helm 0191 4338727 Apprenticeships@gateshead.gov.uk
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, business principles, technical competencies, knowledge and understating; research activities, commercial awareness, managing challenging situations and taking ownership, and health and safety.
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider - for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include a showcase portfolio; a project; an employer reference and a structured interview about their portfolio and project.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.