Trust Ford - Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice Dagenham Motors
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
31 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever-changing technological developments within the car industry.
Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
- Full training will be provided
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills.
Minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English and maths.
A possible full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless.
By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company.
Things to consider
You will attend the Henry Ford Academy on a quartley basis on weekly block attendance whilst having virtual learning and skills coach visits in between
About the employer
FordRetail is the largest Ford dealer group in the UK and 100% owned by Ford Motor Company. We supply over 85,000 new and used vehicles per year through our dealer network and offer competitive quotes for cars and commercial vehicles on contract hire, finance and outright purchase.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Ryan Green 01923 216165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) apprenticeship standard.
Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Ford approved college four times a year for two-week periods to work towards to achieve their Ford Masters Technical Certificate at VRQ Level 3.
An advisor will visit at least every 4 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) apprenticeship standard
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
- Ford Masters Level 1 technician modules
- Electric Vehicle training
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.