AAT Finance Apprentice Feversham Education Trust
Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a level 3 apprenticeship with Feversham Education Trust and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT L3 qualification.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jun 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Multi Academy Trust and for the right candidate the role offers excellent prospects for development in a wide range of finance and business-related roles including procurement, accounting or general finance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Inputting purchase orders on the system, gaining signatures/approvals
- Contact suppliers to place orders and query invoices as required
- Deal with accounting duties, such as chasing monies/invoices sales and purchase ledger processing, raising purchase orders, arranging travel and course bookings and petty cash
- Assist with the routine month end processes including bank reconciliation, credit card and VAT returns
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Produce timely and data-driven financial reports for relevant colleagues
- Producing basic financial forecasts with the support of the finance team
- Support the team in administrative duties including producing letters, sending emails, booking train tickets etc
- Answer the telephone; deal with visitors, external customer enquiries, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times and ensuring that safety and security is maintained
- To attend team meetings and staff meetings and maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Processing incoming and outgoing e-mails and mail. Ensuring general office duties are carried out to a high standard
- To work with others to help improve work organisation and effectiveness
- To ensure promotion and support of Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety
- Be aware of and comply with Trust policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health and safety and security, GDPR, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Trust
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals in our schools as directed
- Promote the Trust’s vision of ‘transforming lives, transforming communities’
- Champion the Trust’s values of ‘Honesty’, ‘Respect’, ‘Integrity’, ‘Inclusiveness’ and ‘Growth’
- Contribute to the wider life of the Trust and the Feversham community
- Committing to and work towards our ambition to deliver an outstanding education for children and young people in our schools, taking appropriate action to ensure that your team members do likewise
- Carry out any such duties as may be reasonably required by the Trust
This appointment is with the Trust. The job description forms part of the contract of employment of the person appointed to this post. It reflects the position at the present time only and may be reviewed in negotiation with the employee in the future. The appointment is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the ‘Feversham Education Trust Contract’.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in the use of the Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of organising work tasks and duties to meet appropriate service standards e.g., in terms of punctuality, accuracy and customer care
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to file, retrieve, sort and complete documents accurately
- Able to process documentation using Word
- Able to accurately enter/retrieve data information from information systems
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Able to prioritise work tasks to meet conflicting deadlines
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Must be willing to complete an appropriate apprenticeship standard of study
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-5 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
A Level (or equivalent)
Opportunities within the company can be discussed upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- 25 days plus bank holidays plus LGPS
- Free onsite parking
About the employer
Feversham Education Trust (FET) is an Academy Sponsor situated in Bradford, borne out of the incredible success of Feversham Academy. Our mission is simple: to provide the best quality of education in a secure learning environment. Feversham Education Trust is dedicated to improving the life chances of all learners.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kaplan
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Advanced Diploma - AAT Level 3
Advanced builds on the knowledge gained in the Foundation level. If you work in accounts or have studied accountancy before, you may be able to start at this level. You’ll learn complex accounting techniques and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You’ll develop the technical skills to start, or progress, your career in accountancy and this will allow you to continue with your studies onto Level 4.
To pass this level you’ll need to study five units (also known as subjects), which are all mandatory. Four of the units are examined individually and there is also a synoptic assessment that you’ll take towards the end of the level, which incorporates the final two units as well as drawing on all of the other units you’ve studied at this level.
The area you will cover include:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Advanced Synoptic Assessment
The apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Assistant Accountant, this includes, Business Awareness, Ethics, Communication, Embracing Change and Problem Solving. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will typically be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.