Field Service Engineer Apprenticeship Linx Printing Technologies Limited
A leading manufacturer based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire is looking to attract an Apprentice Field Service Engineer to join their UK Customer & Field Service/Install teams.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Jun 2022
11 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Purpose of role:
The successful applicant will work alongside the UK Customer & Field Service/Install teams as an Apprentice Service Engineer with close mentoring support to apply their knowledge from their Apprenticeship programme to fulfil duties such as; providing technical customer support, solving technical issues and supporting the Department using PrinterNet our bespoke remote software system.
After training and a tailored learning programme when you join, you will:
- Be part of the Field Service Engineer team to help improve knowledge, experience and capabilities across the Team
- Provide technical support to customers both in the field and remotely
- Assist the Sales/Install Team with technical advice and support
- Support our customer with bespoke training delivered at the Linx office and at customer sites
- Act as an intermediary between the customer and the internal teams on technical issues/faults, providing the customer with regular updates
Requirements and prospects
Critical Success Factors for the Ideal Candidate Profile are:
- Enthusiasm, passion and motivation to build a career within the Coding and Marking Industry and make a difference in a every changing workplace
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, to enable the creation of key relationships, with in all departments you will converse with
- Confidence to connect with customers and internal teams
- Ability to learn how to resolve sophisticated problems and use computer skills to resolve virtually
Your Education and/or Background Experience will have:
- GCSE Grade 4/C, equivalent or above in English, mathematics and 1 other subject
To become a fully qualified Field Service Engineer in Linx - opportunity to development in other parts of the organisation (e.g. technical support) and transfer between Danaher OpCos.
Things to consider
Mostly remote work on customer sites. Will be with another Field Service Engineer as a mentor. Ideally to hold a full driving licence, or willing to learn to drive whilst on the Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Industrial marking solutions from Linx Printing Technologies Ltd, part of the Danaher Group's Product Identification platform, are renowned globally.
Manufacturing industries across the world benefit from our expertise in batch and date coding of products and packaging. Linx continuous inkjet printers, laser coders, large character printers, thermal inkjet printers and thermal transfer over printers are used on production lines in a wide range of manufacturing sectors. They include the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, cabling and extrusion, cosmetics, automotive and electronic industries, where product identification codes, batch numbers, use by dates and barcodes are needed. Well known for reliability, ease of use and low cost of ownership, Linx coding and marking solutions code millions of items every day and through our network of specialist distributors and overseas sales offices, are supported by best in class customer care.
As a leading player in the continuous inkjet industries, Linx holds a large and growing worldwide market share, achieved by continuing emphasis on engineering excellence and best in class products, outstanding marketing and customer service, and professional management. It is Linx's strategy to grow the business by bringing to market innovative products, both continuous ink jet and complementary technologies, and to market these effectively through our international network of distributors.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Victoria 01223 418778
Mentorship alongside the UK Customer & Field Service/Install teams as an Apprentice Service Engineer to become a competent Engineering Technician over a 4-year period.
The Apprenticeship will involve attending college during term time.
In year 1, day release is 3 days in-college and with regular work-based assessments conducted by the College Assessor. In Years 2 and 3, day release is one day in-college.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.