Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship Standard Level 2 HAYYAN HEALTHCARE LTD
A fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in science and an ability to learn fast to start a career in pharmacy. Pennfields Pharmacy are looking for an Apprentice Pharmacy Dispenser to work towards a Pharmacy Services Apprenticeship. The ideal candidate must have an interest in a career in Pharmaceuticals and Customer Service.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Taking in and dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, either in a pharmacy or in a ward, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Must be proactive and have the desire to learn
- Computer skills useful and the ability to work as part of a team
- Must also have good communication skills, which can be further developed
- With the attitude of wanting to learn new skills
GCSEs grades C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) to include maths and English.
A successful apprenticeship will possibly lead to a full-time permanent contract.
About the employer
Located 248b Jeffcock Road, Wolverhampton, WV3 7AH, we are dedicated to providing convenient access to quality healthcare. We provide a wide range of innovative, high quality services and products to meet the needs of our customers. We believe in support our customers and empowering them to make decisions about their health and wellbeing by providing expert advice and information.
We provide a range of private and NHS services. Our pharmacy is well equipped to provide health care services with specially designed consultation room and highly trained staff. This means you can enjoy quality health services in a comfortable and private environment. Our private services are competitively priced and most are available at short notice. We stock a wide range of over the counter medicines and also pharmacy only medicines.
If you need advice about a treatment option, come to speak with our qualified team of healthcare professionals. We are passionate about provided high quality patient care and medicine management. Our team consists of health care professionals who love to help people in the community to live healthier lives.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Full time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.