Production Chef Apprenticeship Harperley Coffee Shop Limited
Harperley Tea Rooms are delighted to be expanding their team and are happy to announce they have a vacancy for a Production Chef Apprentice to work in their gorgeous coffee shop. We are looking for a Team player willing to support the kitchen.
Closing date: 03 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
If you feel you have the skills and enjoy working in a happy kitchen in the lovely setting in within the Harperley please come along and join the team.
- Assisting in the preparation and cooking of meals
- Ensuring all food is stored correctly and temperature/delivery checks are completed
- Adhering to all company procedures in line with Health and Safety
- Adhering to Knife Drill and equipment procedures
- Maintaining the personal equipment to fulfil your job role
- Assisting in the smooth running of the kitchen
- Contributing to effective teamwork and supporting colleagues
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work effectively as part of a very busy team and also on your initiative
- Flair and ambition
- Out-going personality
- Experience of Home-baking
- Previous experience desirable in a similar role
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team and as well on your own initiative
- The ability to follow instructions quickly
- Ability to work unsocial hours including weekends
- General understanding of the workings of the Catering Industry
- Basic knowledge of food hygiene, storage and preparation
- High standards of cleanliness
- GCSE Grades 3-9 ( A-D) in Maths and English
To become fully qualified to Level 2 with a prospect to becoming a fully qualified and the possibility of a full time job
Things to consider
Please consider travel arrangements prior to applying for this role.
About the employer
Harperley Hall Farm Nurseries are located in the quaint village of Tanfield, Lakeside Tea Rooms is a brand new establishment which will offer a variety of Menu Choices to include Dish of the Day and a Menu for Breakfast, Lunches, High Teas and an assortment of Quiche, Sandwiches to your tastes. Try the Delicious Dessert Menu from Victoria Sandwich Cake, Cheesecake to the Beautiful Cream scones served with amazing clotted cream Lakeside Tea Room will offer an irresistible menu choice to suit everyone’s tastes. The food is carefully prepared especially for you. Come to Lakeside Team Rooms for a friendly day out or simply relax and enjoy.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01207 585 914 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 Functional Skills
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.