Apprentice Baker and Confectioner Birds Derby Ltd
You will be working in a fast paced bakery environment. You will also learn how to produce both our sweet and savoury products.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Jun 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be taught the whole bakery process including:
- Weighing up ingredients
- Bread mixing
- Fermentation and proving
- You will also be taught how to operate and manage our ovens to produce our high-quality breads and rolls
- You will also understand and be taught skills by our confectionery team that will include creaming, piping, and coating along with learning from our Chocolatier
Requirements and prospects
- Strong maths skills
- Problem solving capability
- We require someone who is inquisitive, enthusiastic, has a positive disposition and is prepared to work hard and learn
- We will provide the opportunities, it is up to the apprentice to embrace them
Grade 4/C in English and maths or the equivalent.
We are looking for candidates who view this role as a long-term opportunity and who show us that they have the potential to be the Supervisors or Managers of the future. As a Company we have a culture of developing internal talent and so the ideal candidate will should have the drive, ambition, and capability to continue their training past this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Birds was established in 1919 and is a family owned manufacturer and retailer of bread, confectionery and savoury products. It has 680 employees, 61 shops throughout the East Midlands and 1 bakery in Derby.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derby College
Jay Coxon 01332 387420 email@example.com
Apprenticeship - Bakery (Standard) - Level 2.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.