Accident Repair Technician Apprentice Fix Auto
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Fix Auto are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their busy bodyshop in Penzance. Learning how to provide industry leading repair services to clients and provide them with support during the repair process.
Closing date: 28 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 May 2022
28 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment. A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition. These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical and Trim. Candidates will learn strip and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid and Electric vehicle systems. - Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques; sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat and lacquer, repairing defects and polishing
Duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Manual skills
- Eager to learn
- Team work
- Mechanically minded
- Interest in the body shop environment
- Keen interest in the automotive industry
4 GCSEs at A* - D / 9 to 3 including Maths and English Language (or equivalent).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
About the employer
We are the fastest-growing, professional repairer network in the UK and part of a global business of more than 700 bodyshops in ten countries.
We are an expanding network of more than 100 independently-owned, fully-branded franchised bodyshops through the UK.
Our managed growth strategy has seen the Fix Auto UK network expand significantly over the past 2 years with new franchise locations, bodyshop openings and major expansion. Our success is down to our proven business model, built on providing the tools and support to drive transformational change and increased profit. This success is complemented by our reputation as pioneers in new repair technology systems and processes, which enables our franchisees to improve customer service and reduce repair times and cost.
We manage successful relationships with seven of the top 20 UK motor insurance companies and collectively our network repairs over 150,000 vehicles per year.
Fix Auto represents a high-quality, self-training, self-auditing network of repair centres focused on creating value, controlling costs and providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
From our Head Office in Leicestershire, our expert team of network support staff provide wide-ranging specialist support in IT, finance, process administration, operations, sales & marketing. We show the way in sharing and implementing new solutions to ensure we are continually adding value to our franchisees.
Uncover your potential with Fix Auto UK.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
The programme for the Multi-Skill Accident Repair Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College.
Multi-Skill Accident Repair Standard - Level 3.
Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship.
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.