Apprentice Childcare Practitioner Kids in Bloom Prescot Ltd
Are you looking for a career in childcare? We are looking to recruit Expectations are always high so please only apply if you are passionate about working with children and want to be part of a hard working, fun and caring team.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Jun 2022
26 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To have a full understanding of their responsibility with regard to safeguarding children.
- To be willing to obtain an appropriate First Aid Certificate.
- To plan, resource and operate an environment that promotes appropriate learning through play within the Early Years Foundation Stage 2021 Framework.
- To treat all children individually.
- To help create a secure and consistent atmosphere within the nursery in which the children can flourish happily.
- To be flexible and willing to work with all age groups in the nursery when necessary predominantly working with 0-4 year olds.
- To work as part of a team, having a professional attitude towards all colleagues.
- To have a good working knowledge of all nursery policies and procedures.
- To use initiative when appropriate.
- To keep up to date with current best practice and be willing to attend training courses.
- To adhere to the nursery dress code at all times.
- To attend all staff meetings.
- To be punctual, reliable, honest and trust worthy.
- To supervise children at mealtimes and to promote healthy habits.
- To liase with parents in a friendly and professional manner.
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working
- Team player
- Confident communicator
- Passion for working with children
- Fun and engaging
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred.
Possibility of advanced level apprenticeship or permanent employment, but this will depend on the individual. This opportunity will provide the right person with excellent skills for future opportunities.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the industry, the successful candidate will need to complete a DBS check before they can be offered a start date with the business.
This apprenticeship opportunity is being managed by The Learning Foundry. As part of the initial process, we may contact by the details provided on your application which include telephone number, mobile number, and email address.
Before submitting your application, please check your spelling, punctuation and ensure you have included as much information as possible. This includes when providing your answers to the employer questions. If you provide a good quality answer, this can improve your chances of your application moving forward to the next stage.
About the employer
Kids in Bloom Prescot Town Centre is part of a wider regeneration of the Prescot Town Centre area providing quality childcare to the children and families within the Prescot, Whiston, Rainhill and Huyton.
Our nursery provides childcare to children aged 6 weeks to 5 years old.
We were lucky to have the fantastic support from Knowsley's Early Years Team and when we designed all our rooms.
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITED
Jacob Evans 0300 123 8088 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- Training sessions required at our campus on Renshaw Street (L1 2SA) or over Microsoft Teams
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Supported by a designated Apprenticeship Assessor
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.