Business Administration Apprentice Bright Gems Nursery Ltd
The main objective of the Business Administration Apprentice is to provide high quality early years service. Working closely with the Nursery Manager, role duties will include: filing, communicating with parents and carers in person and over the phone, distributing communication documents, assisting in reports, and maintaining confidentiality.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2022
£150.00 - £200.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
08 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF THE POST: To provide high quality care and early years service as staff member of our Nursery team.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General duties with the direction of the nursery manager
- Answering telephone calls communicating pleasantly and effectively in person, in writing.
- Managing diary
- To be the first point of contact for people contacting the nursery greeting customers with the up most professionalism and show round and maintain security system for visitors.
- Maintaining all contact list
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Updating nursery Tapestry and Family social media with children's and parents information
- Preparing monthly payroll spreadsheet. Ensure that this is authorised by the Nursery Manager/Deputy.
- Produce and distribute, letters, newsletters, emails and any relevant information accordingly
- Assist in regular reports
- Take minutes of meetings
- Maintaining filling system
- Order office supply’s
- Update records
- Raise any concerns with the Nursery Manager.
- Handling some cash
- Keeping the office tidy.
- Working closely with the Nursery Manager/Deputy.
- General office duties including general employee and children administration. • Any other duties requested by the Manager/Deputy.
- Ordering from suppliers.
- Ensuring payments are up to date as instructed by nursery manager
- Demonstrating a high standard of service as front house of the nursery • following directions of the nursery manager, in the absence of the manger, following directions of the person in charge
- Work in partnership with parents and carers, recognising that parents are their children’s first educators and primary attachment. Encourage continuous parental involvement in the nursery.
- Be aware of child protection issues and follow the nursery’s Safeguarding Children policy and procedures
- Participate in professional development and training.
- Work in partnership with other early year’s professionals and outside agencies, e.g. Haringey Early Years team.
- The post will be working in a busy environment supporting the nursery staff.
Your duties will be as set out in the above job description but please note that the manager reserves the right to update your job description, from time to time, to reflect changes in, or to, your job. You will be consulted about any proposed changes.
The list of duties in the job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and, in addition, as a term of your employment you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete inventory of all the activities the job holder would be expected to undertake. The post holder is required to comply with all the nursery's policies and procedures and to meet his/her responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act. This Job Description is subject to review and change in light of future developments.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisation skills
- Willingness to be aware of child protection issues and follow the nursery’s Safeguarding Children policy and procedures
- Willingness to participate in professional development and training.
- Maths GCSE A*-C or 9-4; or Functional Skills/ Level 2 equivalent
- English GCSE A*-C or 9-4; or Functional Skills/ Level 2 equivalent
Completion of Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
About the employer
This nursery prides itself in creating a happy safe, caring and stimulating environment, providing a solid foundation for early childhood development and follow the Early Years Carriculum. We believe that the child is the centre of everything we do. We encourage participation, creative learning, independence and self expression helping each child to be all they can be.
The nursery boasts a fully equipped school building, as well as a sensory room for the younger children. The large garden means all children can explore the natural world as well.
Bright Gems Nursery Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Gateway
Shema Rahman 02037276310 firstname.lastname@example.org
Day release from employer to complete training at City Gateway (every Tuesday).
Functional skills if needed.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.