Dental Nurse Apprentice Level 3 The High Street Dental Practice
High Street Dental in Birstall are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a full time Apprentice Dental Nurse. If you are eager to learn and have always had an interest in Dental Nursing then this position could be for you
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.75
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
High Sreet Dental Practice, a practice based in Birstall are looking to take on an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
If you are eager to learn and have always had an interest in Dental Nursing then this position could be for you. Unqualified applicants will be supported to gain a qualification in Dental Nursing.
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day to day activity:
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists and hygienist while treating the patient, under his/her supervision
- Continually interpret the needs of the patients and dentists or hygienist, and deal with them promptly and efficiently
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills are necessary as there are many interactions during the normal working day with other staff members, patients and healthcare professionals
- Good people skills
- Computer literate
- Good communications skills
- Organisational skills
- Candidates must be punctual and friendly
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Eger to learn and progress and work hard to achieve the apprenticeship qualification and help the company grow as a whole
- Ability to multi-task
- Reassuring manner
- Works well under pressure
4 GCSEs 9 - 4 (A* - C) or equivalent Including English and maths - desired
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education.
They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
About the employer
We are a five surgery dental practice in Birstall, West Yorkshire. We offer both NHS and private dentistry. We will be updating our website shortly so stay tuned.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence through blended learning which will include practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace.
Underpinning knowledge will involve attending the classroom for 4 short exams which takes 40 minutes each (the exams will not be taken at the same time), and a programme of e-learning (any exam revision required will be undertaken in the classroom).
Extended award in Employment and Personal skills (a combination of Employee Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills) will be delivered by e-learning, research and the completion of a workbook and assignment.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.