Apprentice Supervisor The Village Bakery (Melmerby)
Overseeing the day to day running of the café and overseeing staff on shift. Looking for someone to start immediately.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
26 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Working together as a team providing excellent customer service
- Overseeing and working with the team through the day-to-day tasks to ensure the smooth running of the business on a day-to-day basis
- Customer care including coffee making, using the till, taking orders, serving food and clearing, upselling drinks and cakes etc.
- We also have a small retail area selling gifts and sell basic every day provisions, this includes date checking and stock rotation and assisting with orders and cashing up
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- Flexible with rotas
- Works well as part of a team
Move on to a higher-level apprenticeship or progress into full-time employment.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Old Village Bakery is located in the village of Melmerby, only a short walk away from Melmerby Hall, Stag Cottage and Kirkbride Hall. The cafe is open daily and serves delicious breakfasts, lunches, coffees, homemade bread and cakes and has a lovely ladies fashion, interior and gift shop upstairs called ‘Hollberrie‘ which is definitely worth a visit to support local independent retailing! You can also buy fresh bread, cakes and scones, coffee and other locally sourced and produced foods.
The Village Bakery (Melmerby)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kendal College
Angela Harvey 01768 881811 Oldvillagebakery123@gmail.com
Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.