Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprentice Sniffles Spa
We are a pet grooming service as well as a pet shop. The right applicant will experience entertaining and playing with the animals. Whilst working, the applicant will also be studying towards the Level 2 Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprenticeship Standard.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
24 Jun 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Dog walking
- Feeding animals
- Playing with the animals
Our apprentices will be signed onto an industry recognised qualification (Level 2 – Animal Welfare) working with a leading training provider to achieve their full potential. We have dedicated staff who will provide coaching and mentoring support during your 12-15-month apprenticeship.
Apprentices will receive £4.30 per hour.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Kind and welcoming candidates with a passion towards animals, specifically dogs in this position
- Passionate about animals and would like a career in this industry
- Confident and keen to learn new skills
- 5 GCSE's C/4 grade and above or equivalent desired, must include maths, English and science
- A great stepping-stone onto a Level 3 Diploma in Animal Welfare qualification, subject to meeting additional entry requirements
About the employer
Have you seen the movie ‘We Bought A Zoo’? Well, Sniffles Dog Grooming Spa is like that. Except we bought a dog grooming, dog walking and dog supplies business in London. It started when Donika, a trained accountant, went into the shop to help her sister to do bookkeeping for the company. She only spent a day in there, but knew that this was what she wanted to do for a living. And when the kids met some of the four-pawed guests, the whole family was hooked. So we jumped at the opportunity to buy Sniffles and turn it into the family business we’d always dreamed of.
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Charlotte Brooks 01708579278 CharlotteB@harrietellis.com
The duration of the course is 15 months, with 12 months online and practical learning time, followed by three months preparation for the EPA (End Point Assessment).
The course covers following subjects:
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Animal Health & Welfare Animal
- Environment & Accommodation
- Handling of Animals
- Animal Feeding
- Animal Grooming
- Functional skills if needed
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.