Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant Hill Pharmacy
This is a great opportunity to join an established and busy pharmacy and to begin your career in an industry which will allow you to grow and develop your skills and knowledge alongside an experienced team.
Closing date: 26 May 2022
£144.30 to £285.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role of a pharmacy services assistant is varied and different every day.
The key duties include:
- Sales of over the counter medication
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items
- Receiving incoming goods
- Answering queries
- Working closely with the Pharmacist
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Computer skills useful and the ability to work as a team
- Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed
- Communication skills
- Honest & reliable
- Team worker
- Able to maintain client confidentiality
GCSE Grades C/4 or above to include maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Welcome to Hills Pharmacy 365, a new way to access your chosen pharmacy, 365 days a year.
We are an independent NHS Community Pharmacy serving the people of Birmingham.
Over the past few months, we have been asked the question: 'do we remain open everyday? It would be so nice to have a local pharmacy open throughout the year.'
So, we have listened and decided that we will keep all our pharmacy stores open EVERYDAY of the year including New Years Day, Easter Period, All Bank Holidays and both Christmas and Boxing Days till late, so that when you need us the most, we are always there for you!
We take care and pride in providing all our services with UK registered pharmacists available to speak to you without the need to make an appointment.
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Zeaba Winning 07712407430 email@example.com
As of 1st August 2020, the new Standard has replaced the previous Framework Apprenticeship.
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2.
Standards are occupation-focused; they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship. And the apprentice is assessed at the end. There is a focus on key areas - knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSB).
Highlights of the new Standard:
- There is a major shift from assessing to learning. Instead of continually assessing learners, assessors will be more like tutors or mentors - planning activities, sending feedback and supporting apprentices until the EPA (End Point Assessment). The EPAO (End Point Assessment Organisation) will then be responsible for assessing the apprentice
- Instead of assessing apprentices, on-programme learning will meet all the KSBs in the standard and prepare apprentices for their EPA. Mentors will need to check which assessment methods are used in the EPA and do mock tests and practice runs as the apprentice approaches the EPA
- The standards include a 20% off-the-job training requirement. This means providers and employers need to work together to plan learning activities outside of the apprentice's normal working duties. Off-the-job training is mandatory and will be audited, so it needs to be properly organised and recorded
- Apprentices are now graded according to their performance in the EPA. This means mentors will need to work closely with their learners to get the most out of them - planning activities to coach borderline apprentices and stretch and challenge high achievers
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.