Chef De Partie Level 3 Apprentice (ICC) (NG6/2401) NEC Group Ltd
If you have a passion for food and people - we can do the rest. We can offer you the opportunity to work with and be mentored by our award-winning Chefs and their culinary teams.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£225.00 - £300.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
You will have the opportunity to participate in a structured programme that will develop your skills and knowledge with real life experience, working alongside professional Chefs within our production and retail kitchens, developing and delivering high end menus and products. Amadeus standards are high.
Therefore, successful candidates should be eager to learn, flexible in their approach and have a passion for food, people and delivery. They must have a passion for innovation and creativity with a can do attitude.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Strive to prepare and present food to Amadeus standard and specification
- Follow all Amadeus standards in relation to service, speed of service and hospitality
- Prepared to Learn from experienced team members on how to work/run all relevant food areas within an active professional kitchen
- To attend daily briefings and carry out the shift duties assigned by the Head Chef within the operational area
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with your colleagues
- Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements when handling food and/or operating equipment
- Adhere to dress code and personal hygiene standards at all times
- Ensure that you attend work when required by checking the rota on a regular basis
- To adhere to Health & Safety, Fire, Food Safety and licensing regulations at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- Basic computer literacy would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive attitude
- Work under pressure
- Good work ethic
- Flexible and pro-active approach to work duties and hours
- committed to completing the apprenticeship programme by combining work based Learning, assessment and independent study
- Forward thinking
- Good attitude and understanding of Health and Safety and Food Safety
- Level 2 professional cookery or equivalent required to undertake Level 3 apprenticeship
- Preferred GCSE (or equivalent) at C/4 or above in English and maths
We invest in developing your talents to help you progress your chosen career and deliver outstanding performance.
We care about your health and well-being and therefore, will ensure we reward outstanding performance to help you and your family live happy lives.
Have your say, we will listen! As we want you engaged and always inspired by Amadeus values and culture.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship it is anticipated that you will be a competent Chef with excellent food knowledge and a clear progression plan should you be up for the challenge.
Things to consider
Total hours per week: 30 - 40 hours - £7.50 per hour.
The role will include preparation, cooking and delivery of meals to a very high standard. This will include working different shifts as required by the business. The job is very physical so you will need to be physically able to carry out the demands of the role and will need to be able to work and think pro-actively.
It’s a fast paced, high energy environment that can be demanding but lots of fun.
We are different, we are innovative and we have made the difference. Please visit www.amadeusfood.co.uk for more information.
Amadeus and the NEC Group is a great place to work, we offer free on site staff parking, a free meal during your shift and a choices benefits scheme that can offer private medical, extra holiday etc.
You will receive a destination NEC card that offers discounts over a range of NEC Campus shops and restaurants.
We also offer a reward scheme called ‘Brilliance’ which gives our staff the opportunity to nominate each other for being ‘brilliant’, you can earn points that can be exchanged for a wide range of gifts.
If you have the drive and commitment; and are passionate about the food industry - we can offer you the chance to succeed.
The apprenticeship will give you practical experience combined with theory. You will work toward a Chef de Partie Apprentice standard and a permanent position in a multi award winning business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We offer the highest standard of hospitality and event catering. The NEC Group is about Bringing Live to Life ®, creating destinations of the future, and making every moment count for our customers.
With over 40 years experience and more than 1500 staff, we cater for 4 million visitors over 1000 events a year across our venues.
Our desire is to deliver an outstanding food service experience in each of the venues that we operate in. We do this by training every single one of our staff to the highest standards; this has led us to winning more than 650 awards for quality and innovation in our Catering team.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by University College Birmingham
Stuart Wildsmith 07833 252816 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Chef De Partie standard apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths, English and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- The course will include both on and off job training and assessments which will take place in the workplace and /or at University College Birmingham
Chef de partie
Level 3 (A level)