Apprentice Dental Nurse Bhandal Dental Practice
Working towards a level 3 in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner. Must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and be prepared to help in other areas of the practice.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
26 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Are you looking to start your career and not just work a job?
If so, we want to hear from you today!
Working towards a level 3 NVQ in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner. Must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and be prepared to help in other areas of the practice. The successful candidate must be prepared to travel to other practices to provide holiday and sickness cover. The role of a dental nurse is to take instruction from the dentist responding efficiently and accurately.
- They must ensure the dentist's comments regarding the condition of the patients mouth throughout the check-up are recorded correctly
- The surgery and any relevant materials must be prepared in time taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas
- Dental instruments must be to hand ready to be passed to the dentist when needed
- Dental nurses may at times be required to assist on the reception desk of the practice where they will need to answer the telephone and welcome patients to the dental practice
Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice making the patients feel welcome and comfortable. Working sometimes under pressure, dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently.
Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse, therefore they must understand the patients' needs and possible anxieties about attending the dentist, endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible.
Requirements and prospects
- Record information relayed by the Dentist accurately at all times
- Good communication skills
- Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Calm under pressure
- Able to reassure when dealing with nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area, booking appointments, cleaning equipment and surgery
- Must have GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C (Grade 4) or above in maths and English to apply
Candidates can continue to study further and enrol on Level 4 programmes such as Radiography or Oral Health Education or work their way into practice management.
Things to consider
Hepatitis B and Covid vaccinations a must.
About the employer
Bhandal Dental Surgery is one of the largest established dental practices in the West Midlands area. We treat every patient as our special guest. Our goal is to listen to our patients and treat them with utmost care. Our practice is equipped with the latest technology, including sedation dentistry to help you relax, and digital X-rays which are faster.
Bhandal Dental Practice
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Jayne Acquaye 01216675018 firstname.lastname@example.org
Work based and college training and support towards achieving an Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing.
Successful completion will allow the candidate to register with the General Dental Council.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.