Apprentice Dental Nurse Bhandal
Working towards a level 3 in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner. Must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and be prepared to help in other areas of the practice.
Closing date: 21 May 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 May 2022
26 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Are you looking to start your career?
If so, we want to hear from you today.
Working within one of our Birmingham practices, you will be working towards a level 3 NVQ in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner. Must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and be prepared to help in other areas of the practice. The successful candidate must be prepared to travel to other practices to provide holiday and sickness cover. The role of a dental nurse is to take instruction from the dentist responding efficiently and accurately.
- They must ensure the dentist's comments regarding the condition of the patients mouth throughout the check-up are recorded correctly. The surgery and any relevant materials must be prepared in time taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas
- Dental instruments must be to hand ready to be passed to the dentist when needed
- Dental nurses may at times be required to assist on the reception desk of the practice where they will need to answer the telephone and welcome patients to the dental practice
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice making the patients feel welcome and comfortable. Working sometimes under pressure dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse, therefore they must understand the patients' needs and possible anxieties about attending the dentist, endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Calm under pressure
- Able to reassure when dealing with nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
- Hardworking, able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times, record information relayed by the Dentist accurately at all times
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area, booking appointments, cleaning equipment and surgery
- Candidates must have at least Grade C/4 or above in both GCSE maths and English or equivalent qualifications
- Applications will not be put forward without proof of desired qualifications as stated above
Candidates can continue to study further and enrol on Level 4 programmes such as Radiography or Oral Health Education or work their way into practice management.
Things to consider
You will be dealing with nervous patients and possibly blood/bad oral hygiene.
Must have Hepatitis B and Covid vaccinations.
About the employer
Large independent Dental Practitioner in Birmingham.
Good dentistry is so much more than just science. It is about balancing a highly specialised skill set and knowledge with empathy and an understanding of the patient’s concerns about cost, comfort and convenience.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Jayne Acquaye 01216675018 email@example.com
- Work based training and support towards achieving an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Dental Nursing
- Successful completion will allow the candidate to register with the General Dental Council
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.