Apprentice Print Technician Labelnet Ltd
A qualified Print Technician can apply their core skills and knowledge to develop into careers in production, sales and management in UK and worldwide print.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 May 2022
26 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
You will gain an understanding of the following:
- The printing industry and its markets.
- How the business operates including it’s culture, values, processes and how you fit in.
- Technical knowledge and print industry practices, processes & the materials used to carry out the occupation effectively, e.g. practices can include maintenance and continuous improvement; processes include printing, quality assurance and colour management.
- Pre-press, press and post-press processes and equipment and the commercial impact of their role e.g. ensuring that printed material is presented to post-press in perfect condition.
- Customers’ expectations in terms of order specification and timescales.
- Quality expectations and how they are managed.
- How best to solve problems and implement practical solutions in a timely manner.
You will be taught the following skills:
- Efficiently operate print machinery and equipment according to the order specification and timescale.
- Follow a structured approach and methodology to identify areas for improvement, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Carry out work to required quality standards, targets and deadlines. Standards include colour matching, print resolution and matching customer specification and individual company standards
- Keep accurate records using both digital and manual processes as required.
- Communicate and work effectively with others, including giving clear instructions to colleagues.
- Implement practical solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to supervise and instruct print operatives. Ability to take the lead as required.
You will learn the following behaviours in the workplace and be expected to demonstrate these:
- Willing to both listen and learn. Be dependable, reliable and flexible. Perform role in a safe manner by following company policies and guidelines.
- Work effectively with others in a team. Carry out work with integrity and discretion. Work with others to create improvements. Work with other departments and teams to provide support of a technical nature as required.
- Open to new ideas, i.e. new technologies and working practices.
- Follow process and procedures to ensure that work meets specifications. Report consistently and accurately.
- Communicate effectively and recognises the importance of good communication.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Work under your own initiative
- Adaptable to different tasks, enthusiastic
English and Maths GCSE or equivalent (preferred).
Full time position within the business upon completing the apprenticeship. This could be wherever best suited.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Well established business based in Ongar, Essex with 22 years experience of manufacturing self adhesive labels. Working with large brands and small business owners to create bespoke packaging using flexographic and digital printing processes.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Arun Madar 07850771027 email@example.com
Print Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
Functional Skils where required.
Off the Job Training.
The Print Technician will have a strong core of knowledge covering the print production process, including paper science, pre-press, press and post-press, and will specialise and supplement this core knowledge by following one of the three options; Pre-Press Technician, Press Technician or Post-Press Technician.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.