Clerical Assistant Apprentice Greenhall Nursery
An amazing opportunity to work under the direction and instruction of senior staff, to provide general clerical, administrative and financial support to Greenhall Nursery & Little Learners.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children at all times
- Undertake reception duties, answer routine telephone and face to face enquiries and sign in visitors
- Assist with pupil welfare duties; liaise with parents / staff etc
- Assist with arrangements for visits from relevant external bodies, e.g. school nurse, photographer etc
- Provide routine clerical support, e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing and completing routine forms
- Maintain manual and computerised records / management information systems and respond to queries
- Undertake routine typing, word-processing on an ad hoc basis
- Sort and distribute and record mail
- Undertake routine administration, e.g. registers / school meals
- Assist with arrangements for visits from County Council officers and external agencies, e.g. Social Services
- Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer
- Arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
- Undertake routine financial administration e.g. collect and record dinner money, fees.
- Basic first aid
Requirements and prospects
- Good communications skills
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Good literacy / numeracy skills
- Good understanding and ability to use relevant equipment / technology
- Keyboard / computer skills
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to relate well to children and to adults
- Good organising and prioritising skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Eager to learn and develop to be the best they can be
- Customer focused
- Has a friendly yet professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect
- Open, honest and an active listener
- Takes responsibility and accountability
- Committed to the needs of the pupils, parents and other stakeholders and challenge barriers and blocks to providing an effective service
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions, participating, trusting and encouraging others and achieving expectations
- Is committed to the provision and improvement of quality service provision
- Is adaptable to change / embraces and welcomes change
- Acts with pace and urgency being energetic, enthusiastic and decisive
- Communicates effectively
- Has the ability to learn from experiences and challenges
- Is committed to the continuous development of self and others by keeping up to date and sharing knowledge, encouraging new ideas, seeking new opportunities and challenges, open to ideas and developing new skills
English and Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or the equivalent).
Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Things to consider
We are a family-focussed setting that has grown significantly over the past year. Our office is friendly and welcoming but can be busy at times.
About the employer
Greenhall is a Special Nursery school for children aged 2-5 years old with additional needs in Communication and Language, Physical and Personal, Social and Emotional Development. Little Learners is our governor-run nursery provision, open to the wider community for children aged 3 months - school age.
Our motto, ‘Learning together, having fun!’ applies to staff as well as the children. We aim to provide high quality, child centred education which will maximise every child's potential. We are dedicated to whole-child development and want to inspire our children to be actively engaged in their learning, to be as independent as possible, to take risks, to learn from and with others and to believe in themselves. We want our children to know they have a 'voice' and to provide them with the tools to use this. We want to give our children the best start - to lay the foundations for later learning.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275660 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.