Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician South West Colour Limited
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career within the automotive industry. As an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 May 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
We currently have an opening for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician to work on a wide variety of vehicles, making no day the same. The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard.
Modern paints preparation and refinishing techniques are becoming increasingly complex and it is essential that today's paint technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Repair of minor scratches and dents
- Preparation of new and repaired panels for refinishing
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking and priming
- Paint refinishing techniques paint detailing
- Paint detailing and buffing
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to a suitable finish
This is an exciting opening for an opportunity to earn while you learn gaining a nationally recognised qualification and a future career.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Problem solving skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Be safety conscious
- Be patient and well organised
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent)
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company as we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to all our employees
Things to consider
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship
- Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
As one of Bristol's leading body work repair garages, South West Colour is committed to providing prompt, efficient and affordable super car repair services. Whether you need us to replace the body panels or just remove a few scratches, no job is too big or too small for our experienced technicians. We specialise in the repair and restoration of cars of all makes, models and periods.
South West Colour Ltd has built an enviable reputation throughout the South West. We have a passion for super cars, we own them ourselves and we will treat your car like it's our own. When we do a job for someone, they usually become a customer for life. We have many renowned customers, travelling from all over the country.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Luke Morison 07398 092218 firstname.lastname@example.org
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
S&B Automotive Academy is a Specialist Automotive Apprenticeship Training Provider located in Bedminster, Bristol. S&B works in partnership with South West Colour LTD to deliver the apprenticeship, that concludes an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.