Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprentice Jackies Pet Foods & Accessories
A passion for animals and nutrition is essential. The candidate needs communication skills, and be helpful to customers. We would require them to help with the computer and Facebook. Learn about the products we sell. Heavy lifting is required, 15 kg to 20 kg, also the flexibility to come in at short notice for staff illness and holidays.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 19.00
Possible start date
25 Jun 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Lifting Pallets
- Learning about nutrition / products that we sell
- Being friendlly and approachable
Our apprentices will be signed onto an industry recognised qualification (Level 2 – Animal Welfare) working with a leading training provider to achieve their full potential. We have dedicated staff who will provide coaching and mentoring support during your 21 month apprenticeship.
Due to the requirements of the business this apprenticeship is less than 30 hours; therefore the duration has been extended accordingly.
Requirements and prospects
The candidate would need good communication skills, be friendly, approachable and helpful to customers.
A passion for animals is essential.
- Kind and welcoming candidates with a passion towards animals, specifically dogs in this position
- Passionate about animals and would like a career in this industry
- Confident and keen to learn new skills
- 5 GCSE's, or equivalents, C/4 grade and above or equivalent desired, must include maths, English and science
- A great stepping-stone onto a Level 3 Diploma in Animal Welfare qualification, subject to meeting additional entry requirements
About the employer
Shop assistant in our small family run Pet Foods business. A passion for animals is essential. The candidate would need good communication skills, be friendly, approachable and helpful to customers.
We would require them to be computer literate and have knowledge of Facebook. We would like them to be keen to learn about the products we sell. Some lifting is required, good timekeeping is essential, with the ability/flexibility to come in at short notice to cover illness and holidays.
Approximate working hours - Tuesday to Friday 2pm to 5pm. - Saturday 9.30am to 1.30pm.
Jackies Pet Foods & Accessories
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Charlotte Brooks 01708579278 CharlotteB@harrietellis.com
The duration of the course is 15 months, with 12 months online and practical learning time, followed by three months preparation for the EPA (End Point Assessment).
The course covers following subjects:
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Animal Health & Welfare Animal
- Environment & Accommodation
- Handling of Animals
- Animal Feeding
- Animal Grooming
- Functional skills if needed
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.