Nursery Assistant Apprentice PRIORSLEE MULTI-ACADEMY TRUST
Our Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school is looking to recruit an apprentice for their Early Years Nursery. If you have the desire to inspire, we would welcome your application. Depending on the difficulties experienced by any child, you may be involved with individual support, group support, social and physical support.
Closing date: 28 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As an apprentice, you will be part of a team supporting children in nursery. Depending on the difficulties experienced by any child, you may be involved with individual support, group support, social and physical support. You may also be asked to address pupil issues such as toileting incidents, sickness etc.
- Supporting children both individually, as well as a member of a collaborative group
- Supporting any social and organisational skills
- Monitoring behaviour
- Carrying out specific programmes devised to meet specific needs
- Recording activities in the classroom when requested by the class teacher
- Preparing appropriate materials and resources for a particular activity
- Taking part in routine liaisons with professionals involved with the pupils
- Sharing any concerns about children to the class teacher or designated member of staff for child protection
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Empathy with children and parents
- Ability to prioritise
- A desire to work with young children
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, it is hoped that the candidate will be offered a permanent position.
About the employer
This is a larger than average primary school with approximately 70 staff members.
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Katie Mckeown 07889539127 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) Or complete a first aid course delivered by one of the following types of organisations as per the EYFS requirements. Voluntary aid society, member of trade body with an approval and monitoring system or acknowledged by the Health and Safety Executive,
As part of the apprenticeship, the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation, as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.