Apprentice Nursery Practitioner LITTLE EXPLORERS DAY CARE NURSERY LIMITED
Little Adventurers are a private, full day care nursery, providing 52 childcare places.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
£129.50 - £196.10
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
19 Oct 2017
31 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
“Starting in Little Adventurers has been so good! The staff and family members make it feel just like a family. For me watching all the children develop is wonderful – from seeing one child crawl and then begin to walk is such a good feeling. Knowing the work we do is encouraging them and helping their development is so rewarding and the reason I have chosen childcare as my profession. I am really enjoying being part of the Little Adventurers team!” - Quote from our current Level 3 Apprentice.
Little Adventurers are a nursery with a difference! In our nursery the children really do come first and our aim is to make each day a new adventure for all the children in our care. We only recruit staff of the highest calibre which means we have a fantastic staff team caring for our children. We are looking for individuals with the potential to become model practitioners - who show a passion for working with children from babies to 5 years. Prospective apprentices also have to be willing to study through to achieving a Level 3 qualification in Early Years and childcare.
- Work according to the Early Years Foundation Stage, Policies and Procedures and the Playwork Principles.
- Plan activities for the children to observe, assess and record their progression and learn how to carry out risk assessments.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to liaise with other staff, children along with parents/carers.
- Be required to attend Staff Meetings and continue to progress following the Personal Development Plan identified in your staff appraisal.
- Be required to help with maintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Retain confidentiality at all times and work in a fully inclusive manner.
In return we can offer an excellent work environment as we are a new and bespoke individual nursery setting. Our nursery manager and deputy manager have a wealth of experience and knowledge within early years and are able to provide excellent support to individuals with the right attitude and willingness to succeed.
Our nursery believes that each child’s unique needs must always be at the heart of our practice. We have designed a nursery with a homely and family environment and want children to feel loved and supported as they grow. We know that if children feel emotionally secure, they will thrive in their learning and become confident little people ready for the next stage of their education. Children learn through play and we are passionate about providing stimulating and fun adventures ensuring children have a happy and successful time with us.
Requirements and prospects
- Mathematics and English to GCSE (or equivalent) grade C (or be working towards).
- Ability and motivation to study and gain childcare qualifications to Level 3.
- Experience of caring for or working with children aged 0 – 5 in a voluntary or paid capacity.
- Positive approach to learning.
- Willingness to work in a team and take direction.
- Ability to communicate with children and adults
- Caring nature
Have 5 GCSEs grade A-C including Maths & English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Practical training to enhance college course.
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce.
- Functional Skills ICT Level 2.
- GCSE English A-C.
- GCSE Maths A-C.
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.
Children and Young People's Workforce
HAVERING COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Havering College of Further & Higher Education
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017