Nursery Practitioner Apprentice THE RAINBOW TREE DAY NURSERY LIMITED
• To support the nursery’s commitment on safeguarding children in all aspects of the nursery service. To work within our Early Years Team, supporting the planning and implementation of activities with individual or groups of children, promoting effective teaching and learning.
Closing date: 29 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 41.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
30 Jul 2022
24 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
At The Rainbow Tree Day Nursery, our passion is to ensure each child reaches their full potential within a loving, nurturing, safe and stimulating environment. As an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner, you will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children.
Our ideal candidate will be positive and enthusiastic, a team player who is passionate about supporting children with their development. You will support the team staff within the setting, providing an enabling environment where children can learn through play.
While working in the setting you will be expected to complete a Level 3 in Early Years and maintain excellent progress with your studies which will provide you with the underpinning knowledge required to carry out the role to a high standard.
We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join us at our recently (November 2021) Ofsted rated ‘Good’ nursery.
Nursery Practitioner Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment, and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Flexible and prepared to carry out all tasks and duties as required while supporting the staff team.
- Preparation of snacks and clearing away
- Cleaning equipment, ensuring it is safe and fit for purpose
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff, and visitors
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Always maintain an excellent level of professionalism
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the children
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in an early years setting
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding procedures
- Working as part of a team
- Being able to use initiative & work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable & Punctual
- Caring and nurturing nature
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and full of ideas to encourage learning and development
- Understanding of good working ethics
- GCSE Maths and English
- Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
- Being part of a close-knit team
- Welcoming culture where staff wellbeing is valued
- Free parking on site
About the employer
Within any of our three rooms, our nursery has the same ethos throughout the whole nursery.
Your child will have a key person: they focus on your child's development, have regular contact with you as parents and work passionately to ensure your child feels safe and secure at nursery, stimulating and challenging their curiosities and abilities.
You will get your own individual digital online software log in, unique for your child, updating you on their daily acitivites as well as their long term progress.
Despite the digital software, you and your child will be greeted by a member of staff and you will have a handover conversation upon collection.
CCTV cameras throughout the nursery (inside and outside).
Your child will have available access to fresh drinking water throughout the day.
Our meal times are consistent throughout - breakfast: 7.30-9 ; fruit based snack: 10am ; lunch (hot cooked meal): 12pm ; fruit based snack: 2pm ; Tea (light meal): 4pm.
Children experience the gardens in all weathers throughout the year- unless deemed too extreme.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones email@example.com
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.However, learners may find it helpful if they’vealready achieved a Level 2 qualification.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for The Early Years Workforce:
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work withchildren from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification is structured around the following four themes:
- Health and well-being.
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice.
- Play, development and learning for school readiness.
- Professional development.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.