Apprentice Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner Ildiko Kontar
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to be part of a happy, friendly team. You will assist to manage the setting, three other members of childcare staff, fulfilling daily professional leadership operational tasks.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2022
£240.00 - £440.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
- Deliver outstanding education knowledge in every aspect of Nursery life
- Understanding of the EYFS's welfare, learning and development requirements
- Ensure compliance whilst adding value to children, parents and team
- Understanding of child safety practices including first aid, safeguarding and food hygiene
- Ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are always implemented and adhered to
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with parents through written and verbal communication
- Help with all planning and logistics, running the setting's routine, managing ratios
- Help with managing budgets and occupancy levels in the best interest of the setting
- Assisting with the recruitment of new staff
- Daily risk assessments and actioning
- Keep and monitor accident, incident and risk assessment records and supervise with the administration of all medications
- Undertaking key children and plan their activities in line with EYFS requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques both oral and written
- Competent user of ICT systems and has a willingness to learn and develop ICT skills
- Understanding of social media marketing
- Understanding of Montessori, Waldorf and Forest school pedagogy and curriculum or willing to undertake training
- Open, upbeat, bubbly personality with a good sense of humor. Creativity and can do attitude
- Caring and responsible nature
- Sense of humour and creativity
- Honest and imaginative
- Minimum of Level 3 in childcare
- 12 hours paediatric first aid
- DBS certificate
- Relevant safeguarding / child protection training and willing to undertake further training
Further learning opportunities to fulfil room leader / manager position
Things to consider
Our benefits package includes:
- Funding of your apprenticeship
- Additional learning opportunities up to Level 5 in Childcare or Management
- Up to 32 days holiday a year
- Personal development fund of £200 per year
- Round the world trip and 2 weeks additional holiday for 5 years of service
- Free daily lunch and refreshments
- Promotion opportunities within our company
- Brilliant team culture, parties and celebrations
About the employer
Alma Montessori Childcare is established around a culture of home-from-home care, inclusivity and close-supervision, faciliteted by the size of the setting, to help children
of all abilities, ages and stages thrive. Alma Montessori is a small, registered childminding setting providing a safe, nurturing home-from-home environment for families
around West London area.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Rebecca Barnes 01753598538 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early years lead practitioner higher apprenticeship
Over the course of 15 – 24 months (dependent upon the level of course an apprentice is being enrolled onto), you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
If you do not hold GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent), these will be delivered alongside the apprenticeship programme.
Our delivery of training is through blended learning. Supported by one of our sector specialist tutors, they will deliver teaching sessions using various methods including face to face teaching, Skype, Facetime, telephone and peer virtual classroom whilst using our interactive multi-sensory teaching resources. Teaching sessions are normally bi-weekly or monthly, depending on the learner’s preferred learning style. Additionally, the tutor will provide the support required to ensure the learner enjoys and ultimately successfully achieves their goals and completes their training. We want learners to feel that our team are approachable at any stage of their learning journey.
You will initially take an online assessment that will help us to understand your learning style and needs, then we will tailor your learning experience accordingly. We ensure that you stay on track to complete your programme on time by managing your expectations through our state-of-the-art e-portfolio system. At the end of your programme, your learnt knowledge, skills and behaviours will be assessed by an independent assessor in your end point assessment (EPA).
As part of the apprenticeship, alongside your job role, 20% of your time in work must be dedicated to developing new skills. This can be any time devoted to learning and improving new skills without interruption.
Early years lead practitioner
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.