Early Years Apprentice THE GARDEN HOUSE NURSERY SCHOOL LIMITED
The position is working with children aged 0-5 and, due to our high standards of quality care, it is essential that the ideal candidate has a good understanding of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage. Past experience working with children within this age bracket is beneficial.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
26 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- As an Apprentice you will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for the children attending our setting.
- Our ideal candidate will be outgoing, positive, and enthusiastic with a passion for child development.
- You will be able to use your initiative when engaging with the children to ensure their needs and requirements are met and they feel comfortable throughout the day.
- You will interact with parents/carers of the children daily therefore you will need to be confident and have excellent communication skills.
- You will support staff within the setting and contribute to effective teamwork while providing an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
- While working in the nursery you will be expected to support the children’s learning and development through play and monitor the children’s progress to ensure they reach their development targets.
- You will promote positive relationships in the early years setting and assist with activities that keep children engaged throughout the day to enhance the children’s independence.
- While working in the setting you will be expected to complete a qualification in Early Years and maintain excellent progress with your studies which will provide you with the underpinning knowledge required to carry out the role to a high standard.
Requirements and prospects
- Trust Worthy
- Hard Working
- Level 2 in child care required
- A-C in English and Maths is desirable but not essential
- Safeguarding and Frist Aid is desirable but not essential
Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
About the employer
The Garden House is a long established nursery in a lovely setting in Sheffield. We value the importance of nature and outdoor classrooms and children have daily access to five outdoor areas, two of which provide free-flow access for the children in the Tigger and Christopher Robin room. All children engage in outdoor play every day and enjoy the opportunity for fresh-air and exercise. The main outdoor play area concentrates on promoting children’s gross motor skills and gives them the opportunity to become involved in physical play and group games. This area has a water wall, wooden boat, sensory trays, a reading and mark making corner and lots more.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones email@example.com
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for The Early Years Workforce:
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification is structured around the following four themes:
- Health and well-being.
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice.
- Play, development and learning for school readiness.
- Professional development.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.