Accounts Assistant Apprentice FALCK FIRE SERVICES UK LIMITED
Falck Fire Services UK Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Accounts Assistant Apprentice. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 AAT Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 25 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 May 2022
02 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts, to include, but not limited to:
- Preparing and posting of all month end journals ensuring correct nominal codes and cost centres within strict deadlines
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts
- Preparing month end accruals and prepayments
- Preparation and analysis of Job reports from MS NAV to ensure correct job postings and calculation and posting of work in progress
- Analysis of monthly trial balance ensuring correct postings to nominal codes and cost centres
- Reconciliation and reporting of intercompany Financial and Trade receivables and payables within agreed timescales set by group
- Preparation of Contract performance report to be reviewed by MD
- Preparation of group reports including data input into HFM, production of Monthly Narratives and Country Management reports using SmartView
- Preparation of Contract performance reports and analysis of variances
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll reports and analysis of variances
- Weekly posting of resource allocations to Jobs in NAV from Clockify, security payroll worksheets and ER overtime submissions.
- Monitoring of job performance, ensuring all costs posted correctly and profitability expectations are met, with reporting of any deviations.
- Authorise expenditure within parameters ensuring the correct nominal codes and cost centres
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and pay HMRC adhering to government regulations and timescales
- Review and chase outstanding debtors and escalate any doubtful debt to Finance Manager
- Support the forecasting and budgeting processes
- Working with Group IT and local NAV partner to ensure efficient and optimum use of MS NAV, supporting and reviewing any changes implemented or required
- Verify calculations and working with the accounts systems supporting the Accounts Apprentice and Finance Manager
- Assisting with other Finance tasks contributing to the success of the department, as directed by the Finance Director
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptable, flexible and able to embrace change
- IT literate (Word, Advanced Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio, Internet)
- Attention to detail and ability to handle confidential documents and information with discretion
- Good Communication Skills
- Smartly Presented
- Ability to work well in a team
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Potential full time role at the end of Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
- Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship.
- For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview.
- Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
- Minimum wage
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
- Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 for anyone aged 21-22 and £8.91 for anyone aged 23 and over.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Providing Emergency Response (Fire, Medical, Asset Protection) to Top Tier COMAH sites and Airports
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Kaitlyn Potton 01642333734 KE.Potton@mbro.ac.uk
- Level 2 Accounting Technician qualification
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.